ok so i chose to do this thing were il play guitar with one of the music classes at the end of the year concert thing but its a rap song and i have to come up with some rythem guitar stuff. but i have no idea how to make up rap

like ... what scales/chords would i use?

Don't? It doesn't need to be rap, does it? Get them to adapt to you.

Or, alternitvley, use kind of light, high barre chords with plenty of scratching (a kinda ska thing). I reccomend using harmonic minor scales and perhaps major pentatonic.
I'm Sam
Funk usually works with rap, just look at the chili's
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
lol thanks

oh i should also say this

its like ... a choir doing a christmas rap song and it dosnt sound very rap like but when i had to make something up on the spot i used barre chords and minor chords but i couldnt get anything to work with that

Quote by The_Raven
Don't? It doesn't need to be rap, does it? Get them to adapt to you.

Or, alternitvley, use kind of light, high barre chords with plenty of scratching (a kinda ska thing). I reccomend using harmonic minor scales and perhaps major pentatonic.

it does need to be rap buuuut i was thinking of adding alot of distortion / power chords and maaaaaaybe see if i can solo halfway through
Choir christmas rap? Now THAT is cool. Seriously.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by deadkenedy
Choir christmas rap? Now THAT is cool. Seriously.

your kidding right?

they suckkkk one guy has some mental problem or something and insists on touching the drum kit at all time .... not even playing just holding the tom and no one sings ... just mumbles