Find it here at my UG profile http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/J-Spoon/

It's been a while since I actually recorded something, been hella busy but found some time for writing.

This is of course a demo, just guitar and my sub par voice. My mate sings, but this is just a demo so something is down. So try and crit the song and not my voice.

Already been working on some other parts like horns and drums.

It also displays what I like to do, which is make a big sound with one guitar. Not like arena rock, I mean using some open strings etc to try and sound like more than guitar is being played.

CRIT FOR CRIT as always people.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
Last edited by J-Spoon at Oct 23, 2007,
I like the melody you put together here. I've always wanted to set up my chord changes in a song with a little lick in between a second and third just how have for the main melody (hopefully that made sense somehow). My only complaint would probably be the fact that I can't hear your voice too well. I think you could sing but it just didn't pop through the mix. Other then that I really like it, and thanks for the crit on my demo.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
This is great. The chords are perfect, and I love the sort of chugging bass that the strumming creates with the lower strings (I'm not sure if I said that right). Your voice reminds me of Britt Daniel from Spoon, Bob Dylan, and a friend of mine named Tom. The simultaneous lead and rhythm thing toward the end is awesome too. Great song.

And I actually described Albert to a couple friends as being "Ground Control to Major Tom, but with a chimp" before you said that.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
haha, yea i like it, real upbeat feeling and creative, chicken feathers and glue, lol...yea i liked the chord progression also, with the lil bass riff in there....n1
Here I go:

Quote by OsirisProtocol
I like the melody you put together here. I've always wanted to set up my chord changes in a song with a little lick in between a second and third just how have for the main melody (hopefully that made sense somehow). My only complaint would probably be the fact that I can't hear your voice too well. I think you could sing but it just didn't pop through the mix. Other then that I really like it, and thanks for the crit on my demo.

Cheers for that. I know what you mean about vox level, but it was only a demo so I wasn't very fiddly with it. I understand what you mean about the little lick and was happy I could get all that sound from one guitar.

Quote by VoodooChild15
This is great. The chords are perfect, and I love the sort of chugging bass that the strumming creates with the lower strings (I'm not sure if I said that right). Your voice reminds me of Britt Daniel from Spoon, Bob Dylan, and a friend of mine named Tom. The simultaneous lead and rhythm thing toward the end is awesome too. Great song.

Ha! Bob Dylan, eh? You prob made my day. Glad you like the simultaneous thing, again I was trying to make enough sound with one guitar. There isn't any overdub or anything in there.

Quote by Bobdrick
pretty freaking boss dude. Pretty freakin boss.

For some reason this is my fave comment so far! I love Bruce Springsteen and me playing my telecaster prob helped you draw the comparison.

Quote by shinedown98
haha, yea i like it, real upbeat feeling and creative, chicken feathers and glue, lol...yea i liked the chord progression also, with the lil bass riff in there....n1

It's just a little 4th and then the 5th in the scale, common as muck really! I am glad you liked the idea behind the song too.

It is all about self confidence and how we put up some sort of mask I suppose so we aren't caught out for being terrified.

I think I have natural talent for guitar because I'm left handed and I use that hand to pleasure myself. Seeing as I started playing after most of intense masturbating-teen years, the dexterity was already there.
Very nice chord progressions, i liked the ending the best, pretty catchy and original lyrics too
it definately has an old folkish vibe to it. vocals need to be a lot more audible, even if it is just a demo. i cant even hear the lyrics dude. if you could more beef out of it i think it would be good. as i always say, percussion, dude, add some percussion (at least in your other version)

all in all i think it has great potential. good job man
\M/ b4br4d \M/

carlroad.com/maggotbomb.htm
First things first, cheers for critting my stuff

As said before, the vocals could do with being a bit louder; they don't sound bad, but I think the levels let them down. Having said that I know how difficult it can be to get a decent vocal level without using rather expensive mic's!

I like the progession, and the breakdown around 2:50 is awesome, especially with the "uh!". Overall I like it; though I don't get the title? Perhaps I missed it in the lyrics? Oh wait, there it is at the end!

As a negative, the song doesn't have much dynamics to it; though to be fair it's just you and a guitar so I wouldn't really expect that!
i love this song.
it's so cool.
the guitar part is so kick-ass.
the vocals ought to be a bit louder though... i wish i could have heard the lyrics.
really awesome though, can't wait to hear the final product?

crit mine? bad moon rising: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694716
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
thanks for commenting on my song. It was influenced by the Buckley song but i wanted to do kind of a different take. You're actually the first person to mention that song while talking about it.

But i definitey like your song, it has an interesting chord structure. But your vocals are too low, and it sounds like you sound good enough to have them higher in the mix. Overall, good job.
thanks for the crit! nice chill intro. i thought the strumming would sound better on acoustic. vocals are very cool, very husky. the chorus really stretches your range, so you might want to work on it. good song though could have been more interesting as far as other insruments.
Too cool for a signature.