Hi,
I've been using an old version of Logic on my PC for some time but, apart from the fact that it's very old and not supported since Apple bought it, I find it non-intuitive to use and overly complex for my needs.

I need something that will run off a run-of-the-mill desktop PC, with only the standard line-in on the soundcard.

Primarily I'll be using it for rough demos to play to my band, but it would be nice to be able to add things like drums and perhaps keyboard sounds in future.

And it should be fairly easy to use. And free.

I'm looking into Audacity - is that recommended for mostly guitarists?
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
yeah if ur looking at a legally free program, audacity is the go. i use it for rough recordings of my tracks, although when my band and i record the final takes, we use the drummers "sony sound forge" software. which costs a ****load but im pretty sure he didnt buy it but the structure is very same between the two programs, and even if ur just recording line in on guitar or mixing a whole ep or album with a band audacity with do the job perfectly.
Audacity is the best thing going for the price (FREE). It isn't all that hard to learn or to use. I've been working with it very heavily since the beginning of this year. I did just get Cubase SE3, mainly because the studio where I am doing some recording at has Cubase, but there are things I can do in Audacity that I either can't or haven't figured out in Cubase.

Tony
Thanks very much guys, I'll check it out.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by maca-venagas
yeah if ur looking at a legally free program, audacity is the go. i use it for rough recordings of my tracks, although when my band and i record the final takes, we use the drummers "sony sound forge" software. which costs a ****load but im pretty sure he didnt buy it but the structure is very same between the two programs, and even if ur just recording line in on guitar or mixing a whole ep or album with a band audacity with do the job perfectly.

Hmm, when I use Audacity, it always jumps on the playback, like every 15 seconds. So all my recordings sucked. I use a program called Kristal for rough recordings.
Haha, your reading this, it means you have wasted a few moments of your life. Gutted.