So it's getting cold here in Holland, and I was wondering.. what does everyone do to warm up their arms and fingers? I find doing some pushups helps to get the blood flowing.

How about you?
When it gets really cold, I play with fingerless gloves on. It works fairly well and only hinders my playing if I use a lot of palm muting, which ca sound more muffled because of the gloves.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
well, i actually just cut right to the chase. i don't warm up.

i just start playing and i'm a little clumsy at the start but after a little bit it's all good.

i just figured that i'm going to be playing a song, not a training video or whatever, so i just run through my favourite riffs.
Quote by OThugSd
When it gets really cold, I play with fingerless gloves on. It works fairly well and only hinders my playing if I use a lot of palm muting, which ca sound more muffled because of the gloves.

Hmm, good idea there. I've got a pair of those lying around
I just do finger exercises at fairly low speed till my fingers become warmer :p just as normal ,,,,, that and I've turned on the heater :p its nice and cosy in here now :p lol
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
I just try to move my fingers as much as possible, and make the environment nice and warm Don't wear gloves though, quite difficult to play in...
As hot as my guitar room is (being the room right above the heater on the top floor of the house ) I don't need to often, but when I need to I hold my hands over a vent for a minute. My guitars tend to be warm just from being in the room. When they're cold, theres not much you do except play them for a bit.

EDIT: Also try warming them with a space heater. I just don't have one as I dislike them personally.

EDIT2: I took warming literally... gonna be a long day hehe. I also do the John's Rock Discipline warm ups.
gently shake your wrists, flex your fingers play a chromatic until you feel your playing normally
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by disillusia
hm fer me, i do those warm ups exercises from John petrucci's rock disicpline dvd. Kinda effective for both ur left and right hands... also deals wif stretching of ur fingers.

heres the link to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-QD0kZqA8

watch all the 12 parts if u can.. its really good

+1

Also I tend to religiously wear gloves during the winter, and also warm my hands up when I get home with hot water or something.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
I just punch some kittens.

Oh wait, you mean get my blood flowing. I just play a regular stuff a bit slower and I gradually speed up as I get feeling back in my fingers.
WTLTL 2011
I think he is talking about the cold affecting his fingers, I know even going out in the cold for a few minutes affects my movement alot. I usually just stretch my fingers and rub my hands together really fast and play some scales slowly to get my fingers warmed up.