could u guys recommend me some good guitar magazines out there? i've heard of total guitar mag and guitar world.. i think this 2 are the pretty famous ones among the rest correct me if im wrong. which is better?

thanks in advance
total guitar is awesome, they have loads of good tabs, and have sections where they teach you different techniques, they full of contests and interiews with bands and tell you whats good, they even got a section explaining how to sort out problems with you guitar.
total guitar definately the best and worth geting, and subscribings good idea too

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Total Guitar

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
I prefer guitarist...

TG has some good tabs but they're often incomplete and have mistakes

guitarist has better gear and music reviews too, and i have actually bought things based on their reviews

just a better read in general
TG often has mistakes in the tabs, and it has gone downhill recently. I get guitar world (I think) as an import from WH Smiths.
Quote by Eladamri
Guitar Techniques is the way to go.

Total Guitar is only good for scene kids or for kids who love pointless adverts, eyeliner, and crap in general.

You forgot a bit.

GT is easily the best; best range (Annhliator and Beatles in the same issue?!) unbiasedness, best/most tabs/lessons... Loads of random licks and a range of difficulty to suit anyone of a decent guitar level. Not for beginners mind.

EDIT: CD tracks to help you play, the occassional DVD, loads of interviews, reviews, etc.
Last edited by Craigo at Oct 23, 2007,
Actually I'll break down the big 3

Total Guitar - A rapidly stagnating magazine since a new editor took over. Occasionally has some decent articles and lessons
Guitar World - Has a few good regular spots from Batio, Slash and other guest writers. Good for people who like to learn something whilst reading through a wankload of adverts...
Guitar Technique - A solid magazine dedicated to actual guitar playing and not a ton of crappy adverts every 2 pages. Your best bet by far
Guitarist is the best read imo. But like someone else said, if you dig eyeliner or slipknot buy total guitar.
...Bleep Bloop...
Guitar World
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
UG is practically a daily magazine... and it's free once you get the interwebs.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by steee21
Total Guitar sucks Cartman's balls.

xD

"Screw you guys, I'm going home."
What the fuck is wrong with me?

OH YE, THE FLYING FUCKS BAND!
i get total guitar. I think it is a v good magazine, but it does tend to be slightly biased towards metal. im into that sort of music, so its gd for me.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
i've been a TG subscriber for a couple of years now, and it has really gone downhill. all they do is buttsex trivium, a7x and dimebag. Guitarist is my current favourite, and i get that every month too, and GT is really good if you want tabs/lessons.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Guitarist & Guitar Techniques ftw
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
Total guitar is amazing. They have so many songs tabbed, aswell as at least 4 different special guests who teach techniques. Also they have up to date news of the music world, along with gear reviews and interviews with famous/up and coming bands. They also have music reviews and rate all the newest realeases. The only down side of the mag is possibly its slight bias towards heavy meatl. personally I enjoy this, but there are always some peope writing in and saying "play more punk/indie" etc..., but to be honest, there is a LOT of variation in the types of music they tab/review.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Do the Total Guitar supporters sound like paid testimonials or just plain advertisements to anyone else?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Do the Total Guitar supporters sound like paid testimonials or just plain advertisements to anyone else?

I am not one, but just wish to promote the mag as it is well written and obviously takes a long time and a lot of effort to produce, and also take all the emails/letters they receive into consideration.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
I officially lost faith in Total Guitar after this review on Nightwish's latest album:

Quote by Total Guitar
Let's get one thing straight: Adding detuned guitars to an operatic grandiose production does not mean it transcends genres. There's a time and place for this sort of thing... And it's not on TG's stereo! Call us narrow minded, but we really don't care. We knows wat we likes, and this it aint!

Okay then, I will. I'll also stop buying your magazine, narrow minded ****s. How you can slander a great band such as Nightwish, and yet run a 4 page feature paractially fellating the guy from Busted, I'll never understand.

The icing on the cake however:

Quote by Total Guitar
Get some quality Apocalyptica instead.

Last edited by Vermintide at Oct 23, 2007,