OK guys, I'm considering a new guitar. Floyd isn't too big a deal but is preferably good. I've decided it's preferably an ebony fretboard. I'm not sure wether to 7 string or not-I 'm getting into DT and Nevermore and I like Triviums 7 string stuff, but I feel I wouldn't use it enough though, but then again, I'm not too sure.

I've narrowed it down to these guitars:

Dean VMNT1: Built in Korea=?

ESP LTD EC1000 Vintage Black-Pros: 24 frets, Ebony Board. Cons: APPARENTLY the finish is easily scratched, and this is shallow, but everyone has an LP shaped guitar. Then again that also makes it quite versatile...

Jeff Loomis C7 FR-Whats ash like as a body wood? I would probably repaint it white w/ black binding...

Schecter Syn Custom: Only thing I dunno about this is, I might tire of the looks after a while....I would swap the pups for a Jazz/JB set.

Schecter Exotic Star: This sounds REALLY stupid, please forgive me for this, but does this look cool enough? (Snow Leopard Colour pattern btw).I would also swap the pups...but I played one and it's brilliant...

Thanks for your help, this is quite a shallow thread I know...I've played all these apart from the C7 FR and the VMNT1 but I can't choose, I'm looking for 24 frets, ebony board (preferably), any quality body woods, good craftsmanship and killer looks.

Suggestions welcome

My budget is about £800

Thanks guys, PLOP
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Last edited by PLOP at Oct 23, 2007,
If you want a seven string, don't overlook Ibanez:

RG7321; very nice guitar, but it is their cheapest RG seven string, so there are much better sevens from Ibanez.

S73320: Nice S series seven string with a ZR trem.

RG1570: If you can afford it, this is a great choice. Pretige quality, Japanese made and a great trem.

Those are some suggestions for Ibanez sevens.

Also, if you decide to go with a six string, don't ignore Ibanez either. Their Prestige line up is very impressive.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Any one else able to help?
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9