I was thinking of getting a Peavey 5150/6505 but I can't find one used and my mum won't let me go to Denmark St, London to try one out >.<

So I've been looking 'round at others and these are what I've found to meet my criteria (I play Metal, Trivium, Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage)

Do these have alright cleans?

- Marshall DSL50 + (2x12 cab (Maybe Marshall 1936?))

- Laney GH-50L + (2x12 cab (Maybe Marshall 1936?))

Can Laney's push towards a Trivium, Pantera sound?

If there are any better amps for around £500 then please say.
Last edited by Ht666 at Oct 23, 2007,
Quote by dutch5367
If you want good clean you could look at a Fender Amp

He doesn't just want good cleans though, he also wants good distortion.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
try a Vox, they're good
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by zerodeck
try a Vox, they're good

Did you read what he plays? a Vox would be terrible for that stuff. The DSL has ok cleans, but it would need an OD to push it to those metal levels, but it would work. I'd say keep looking for a 5150 though, it'd be perfect for what you want.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
I know, I'd like a Peavey 5150 but I can't find any for sale + there's not many in the U.K.

I've looked at Laney GH50L's, are they good for metal? (Trivium, Pantera, Metallica?) Do they alright cleans?
^i heard they are. i havent tried it. i know the TTs do it well
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I've never played a Laney GH50L but I've heard good things. Have you looked on ebay for a 5150?

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
^ he prolly wants to try before he buys
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by omarrodrigez
I've never played a Laney GH50L but I've heard good things. Have you looked on ebay for a 5150?

I can only find the head...

+ the head is 100W and that's a bit too much...
How are Carvin prices in the UK? Their V3 model would be good for you (and it's cheap here in the states), but you probably couldn't try it first and the prices may be jacked up in the UK.

Quote by TMVolta19
Carvin guitars are excellent. I had one that got stolen and am considering another. I have never played through a Carvin amp, though I have heard overwhelmingly good things. I would wait and get some owner opinions rather than heresay.