so I already have a epiphone thunderbird ,and contrary to what most bassists think Im pretty content with it. Ive been playing bass for almost a year and im beggining to want to learn slap,tap,and other techniques.The problem is my epiphone isnt that great for those and im wondering...should i sell my epiphone and get a peavey grind 4 stringer or keep it and get a millennium bxp4or5 stringer?

by the way,any other bass suggestion would be great.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Oct 23, 2007,
If you like your T-bird, keep it and build up the money for the Grind another way. If you dont have another way and like the T-bird, get the Millennium.

Really it just depends if youll miss your T bird if you sell it.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
what whould you do?
if you had a t-bird.
Well if its my 1st bass, Id keep it, get a job or some way to get money, and save up for a better bass than a Peavey (no offence to your choice). After I get the money, try out that bass and others in its price range. But thats just me .
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
schector stilletto?
Quote by silentdob
Well if its my 1st bass, Id keep it, get a job or some way to get money, and save up for a better bass than a Peavey (no offence to your choice). After I get the money, try out that bass and others in its price range. But thats just me .

Actually, the Peaveys he mentioned are damn fine instruments. I myself own a Peavey Millenium ACBXP 5 string, and prefer it over many other basses worth twice as much, and the Grindbass is one the finest basses in it's price range. It's worth AT LEAST 3 times as much as it sells for.
not a schecter stilletto?
Quote by c3powil
not a schecter stilletto?

Admittedly great instruments, but far more expensive.

However, try before you buy and then see which you prefer.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Actually, the Peaveys he mentioned are damn fine instruments. I myself own a Peavey Millenium ACBXP 5 string, and prefer it over many other basses worth twice as much, and the Grindbass is one the finest basses in it's price range. It's worth AT LEAST 3 times as much as it sells for.

I think we actually have the same Peavey. I mean make and color if I remember right.

And Im not saying Peaveys are bad, just that its what I would do.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500

-Bass Militia- \m/
then what kind would you save up for?
anyone like the esp ltd d-4 bass?
so I was Searching musicians friend and i come allong the Line 6 variax bass 700.
i listened to the sound clips and I love it
As for Peaveys, I'd look into the Cirrus BXP: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Cirrus-PBX-4-String-Bass-Guitar?sku=512188

It's the more affordable version of the Cirrus line of basses, which are very nice.

The Milleniums are good too, but the Cirrus BXP is neck-through, has a 3-band Active EQ and 35" scale for downtuning, if you're into that.

Pretty sweet deal for $600 if you ask me
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^ saying that, the Millenniums have Cirrus necks and pups/electronics.

I thought the Millenium only has a 2 band Passive EQ?
this my obligitory, try the Fender Jazz entry. Peavey's are great. thats where i started. but since my first Jazz, i've never looked back, and i can hang with any style.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have the active millennium, so maybe that's why mine has the Cirrus electronics and pups.

Ah okay I was only looking at the standard Millenium.

Damn, the AC BXP is pretty good. Neck-through is sexy though
iv got a millennium it is awesome very versatile go with that
its not rape if you shout suprise
i got a millenium too... it took me forever to find my first bass, but the moment i picked up the millenium, it was love at first pluck....
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Quote by Charlatan_001
As for Peaveys, I'd look into the Cirrus BXP: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Cirrus-PBX-4-String-Bass-Guitar?sku=512188

It's the more affordable version of the Cirrus line of basses, which are very nice.

The Milleniums are good too, but the Cirrus BXP is neck-through, has a 3-band Active EQ and 35" scale for downtuning, if you're into that.

Pretty sweet deal for $600 if you ask me

I dont have 600 bucks but I hear the grind is neck thru also.