Well yesterday we had a gig and it was a complete f*ck up. Our singer was quite nervous and he never normally is. So he started drinking. He normal has about one can before we go on to loosen up but he drank alot, and quickly. Before we went on I noticed that he was REALLY hyper. And then we were on....

He was pritty bad.... forgot lyrics, started singing in the wrong places. Wrong lyrics to the wrong song!! He started singing while I was playing a solo... It was really bad... And being so drunk inbetween songs he was like, ' aww man im crap dont worry weve only got 3 songs left, were so sh*t etc etc.

Our drummer got really annoind which made him play really bad as well. When our set was over I was so happy. But then our singer was sick... so embarrersing... Drummer left and me and the bassist had to stay. Because it was a battle of the bands....

Crowd was taking the piss outta him, and us...

So yeh dont drink before a gig, sorry about all this text im just really annoid. To tell you the truth, im not really very happy about playing punk music anyway. The singer kinda controlls the band...
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Sounds ****ed up... if you don't like the way your band's going try and change it? just a suggestion
Annoid?

Yeah that does truly suck, he sounds like a bit of a dick to be honest. What's gonna happen now? You lot still together?

And what sort of punk do you play?
I was talking to the bassist and hes got the same idea as me. Change our style a bit. BUT our singer is a great singer for punk music. He cracks its pefectly but he wont be able to sing normlly. And he dosent like any other type of music other than punk.

For example I come into practise with an idea, and hes like, naa just stick to powerchords...

We play punk, not blink or greenday style. Sex pistols, rancid etc. Yeh sorry I cant spell.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Last edited by stratele at Oct 23, 2007,
our singer drinks before gigs

then again hes not a 16 year old kid who cant handle the drink

theres been so many times he practiced drunk as well!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
How long have you guys been a band? I'm in a band and we drink and seem to avoid this problem pretty well. Kick out your singer and play the music you want too, dont keep him in and limit yourself to just punk. myspace.com/thefollowthrough check us out
watch the videos, we crazzzzy
Quote by stratele

For example I come into practise with an idea, and hes like, naa just stick to powerchords...

That explains the band's name.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
That explains the band's name.

Funny thing is he came up with the name. I dident know what initiative meant so went with it. When I found out we went along cause its funny
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
you can easily have punk vocals and play other stuff than power chords. It's called thinking outside the box.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
you can easily have punk vocals and play other stuff than power chords. It's called thinking outside the box.

Which is what ive been trying to, but hes not having it.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
By the way, the guitarists in The Sex Pistols and Rancid don't play power chords, they play barre chords.
I cant go on stage without a drink nowadays, always have to have my Jager before a set, kinda a ritual now between myself, the other guitarist and bassist really.