i wrote this in approximately 3 minutes. i just wanted to write it.

the sound of applause stirs and roars,
bellows the loudest, glories its cause.
the circular crowd move all as one,
one beat sounding, march on a drum.
and they dance to their beat, that trips on and on,
and scream out their rapture, demand a repeat.
yet beneath it all, buried low in the mix,
one voice asking 'but what of it?'
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
oh, and the title does mean something.

oh, and i guess that i won't be offended if you say it sucks. at all. really. its quite yuk, kinda.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Oct 23, 2007,
but what does the title mean eh eh. does it secretly say that you're in love with the bottom row on your keyboard? :-o

but matthew this is amazing. one of your best that i can think of right now, i'm sure. the rhythm, the sounds, ooh it's rather good indeed. its really nice to say, i'm reading it over and over, out loud, cos it sounds really lovely when spoken. it flows, y'know?

aside from that the words themselves are really really well chosen and placed perfectly. i like your message, what you're getting accross.

if i could change any one thing about this piece, well, i wouldn't
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Last edited by jallas at Oct 23, 2007,
Is the title the way it is because the "zxcvbnm" is "buried low in the mix" of the keyboard?

I like it a lot, and the only thing I don't really like is the "demand a repeat" part, but that's just me.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i wrote this in approximately 3 minutes. i just wanted to write it.

the sound of applause stirs and roars,
bellows the loudest, glories its cause.
the circular crowd move all as one,
one beat sounding, march on a drum.
and they dance to their beat, that trips on and on,
and scream out their rapture, demand a repeat.
yet beneath it all, buried low in the mix,
one voice asking 'but what of it?'

This is a pretty funny piece. The last line is notably hilarious in its forced rebellion. The first four lines call to mind a poem centered on a soccer game which is just odd. I guess if you are into sports poetry thats cool but it is an odd balance of testosterone and being a pussy. I have to agree with your judgment of labeling this yuk.
Quote by pixiesfanyo
This is a pretty funny piece. The last line is notably hilarious in its forced rebellion. The first four lines call to mind a poem centered on a soccer game which is just odd. I guess if you are into sports poetry thats cool but it is an odd balance of testosterone and being a pussy. I have to agree with your judgment of labeling this yuk.

i think you missed the point with 'forced rebellion'. if anything its more a criticism of forced/fake rebellion, that kind of self congratulatory 'oh look, we're so progressive in our ideals' bull****. thanks anyway though.