I'm considering getting this one second hand. Anyone has it? How is it? And how are the Dimarzio\IBZ pups?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
i think shecters are better than ibanez personally. i've owned both and the shecters have awesome feel. if you're playing metal your amp/pedal set-up is more important than the guitar for tone anyway. i think for metal the most important aspect of the guitar is the feel. (the guitar can't be complete crap but i think you get the point)
Quote by sowhat360
i think shecters are better than ibanez personally. i've owned both and the shecters have awesome feel. if you're playing metal your amp/pedal set-up is more important than the guitar for tone anyway. i think for metal the most important aspect of the guitar is the feel. (the guitar can't be complete crap but i think you get the point)

Ibanez is quite different from Schecter and you can't argue with Prestige quality.

The 2550E is a very nice guitar with a nice, thin, neck, as opposed to the Schecters much fatter neck.

The pickups are fine, the trem is very, very, good and the rest of the hardware is fine as well.

The quality control on these Japanese Ibanez guitars is outstanding and they have pretty good value for money.

Personally I love the profile on these Ibanez guitars and would most likely always choose Prestige Ibanez above Schecter in the same price range.

The best way to find out which one is better though, is by trying them out.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 23, 2007,
Quote by sowhat360

just cause you play metal doesn't mean you need all kinds of pedals.

I personally have played it and it was great. I'm not too big on schecters. Never been into them.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
it's a great axe. there's little difference between the pickups in there and a great set of medium/high output pickups. i'd probably still upgrade them to some dimarzio evo's tho.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by DougC84
it's a great axe. there's little difference between the pickups in there and a great set of medium/high output pickups. i'd probably still upgrade them to some dimarzio evo's tho.

Their very nice though.

Like with all pickups not everyone likes them, but in terms of quality their fine.
The Evos are known to not have very good bass, though. Try the D-Activators, Tone Zones, or Super Distortions if you wanna change the pickups.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
The Evos are known to not have very good bass, though. Try the D-Activators, Tone Zones, or Super Distortions if you wanna change the pickups.

Hmm.. bass is pretty important to me. How do the stock pups handle bass?

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Quote by m3k
Hmm.. bass is pretty important to me. How do the stock pups handle bass?

Pretty well, but it depends on the amp as well.

Try the guitar out on your amp (or a similar product) to see how you like the tone.
Thanks Bonsaischaap, you're very informative

How does it compare to a Schecter C-1 elite? (not feel wise, tone wise and playability, wood, pups?)

Thing is, the guy is selling it for a pretty low price and it makes me suspicious.. less than half of the original price.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic