I just got to crank my Vox AD50VT today at a band practice. its definitely loud enough for gigging, and the sound that comes out is absolutely amazing for the price, i'm really, REALLY impressed with this amp. i'd cranked it with the attenuator at half way before and that was just ok, but on about 3/4 power (about 8 o'clock position), with the volume and master cranked, the AC30TB setting was great, it was very crisp and clear sounding. I only really tried this setting, as its my main tone, but I did check out the higher gain settings for some nirvana covers. UK modern was quite a nice smooth sounding overdrive, but it didn't have a lot of presence or clarity - Which prompted me to switch to the "numetal" setting. This was also impressive for such a cheap amp, was a lot sharper and cut through quite well. Bearing in mind that the higher you have the attenuator the crisper these amps sound, i can't wait to gig with this amp so that I can see its full potential. Its honestly just better at high volume levels than any other modeller in the price range. I honestly can't see how the likes of the roland cube could outperform it in this situation.

Just thought i'd say really
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Everything sounds better at high volumes to an extent because of the human ear's perception of volume. The ADVT circuit is really quite weird, but it makes sense that as you turn it up to an extent dynamics and tone would be improved by the 12AX7 distorting.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I've actually been looking into this amp. I just can't decide to buy it or save up more for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. So I'm glad to hear good things about this amp. This might sway my decision a little.
Hey Wise Mr Carrot? do u think this will be good choice for me? only thing is when my mums goes on holidays for two weeks soon, the 200 bucks shes giving me for beer and groceries, ill will have to put to the amp fund lol the Vox AD50VT sounds like just what i need too.
The AD50VT is a very nice amp at a very nice price. Not as nice as a true valve amp but it's alot more versatile and is one of the top modelling amps. it doesn't handle high gain stuff very well though - the heaviest it gets is EVH kinda tone, but it's still very nice. 50w is ideal too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.