right ive got this ibanez 370dx, with a flyod rose, and ive taken it into a shop to get it tuned last time, but it cost £20 sooo, any way, so i undo the locking things on the neck, tune it, lock them, then fine tune it, but the strings go ot of tune after a few seconds, what do i dooo???
They charged you £20 to tune your guitar!?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
They charged you £20 to tune your guitar!?

with some super slinks ye, still bit much though.
im afraid it's your trem m8....i have an edge 3 aswell...had mine blocked a few weeks ago but it stays in tune perfectly now...

EDIT: it doesn't HAVE to be your trem...but there's a big chance it is..
Gear:
Geetars:
**Schecter Demon**
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul (Camo)
Ibanez RG-350DX
Ibanez GAX-70
Ibanez IJ-70
Amp(s):
**Valveking 212**
Fake cube 60
Ibanez Jumpstart amp
Pedals:
EH Metal Muff
GLX Distortion
Zoom G-2.1u
-remove the nut

-change the strings one by one, stretching them properly and tuning them to the correct pitch

-you should have a guitar with new, stretched in, slightly out of tune strings right now.

-tune them again, this can take a while since tightening one string slightly loosens the others, but you should get there eventually.

-lock the nut

-fine tune if it's still not perfect

Keep in mind new strings can take a while to settle in, so give them some time and retune frequently.

Quote by Rammstein_Fan15
im afraid it's your trem m8....i have an edge 3 aswell...had mine blocked a few weeks ago but it stays in tune perfectly now...

EDIT: it doesn't HAVE to be your trem...but there's a big chance it is..

Having a trem makes this proces harder, sure, but the Edge III isn't that bad.

He's only had this guitar for a while and seeing as he payed 20 quid for the last string change, chances are the tech set his bridge up as well.

A properly set up Edge III will last longer than most people think.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 23, 2007,
you have to stretch tour strings a bit, so unlock the nut locks, and pull the trem backwards 10-15 times gently and slowly to stretch them out, then retune, lock and fine tune. Or you can do what eddie van halen does and boil your strings. I tried that and it didn't work so well for me.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
still, stretch them, otherwise your trem springs need adjustment, maybe your saddles, what gage strings are you using?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
still, stretch them, otherwise your trem springs need adjustment, maybe your saddles, what gage strings are you using?

i have no idea, but i know the guy in the store changed the saddles for the string gauge so,
Quote by sionifs
i have no idea, but i know the guy in the store changed the saddles for the string gauge so,

No he didn't - if he told you that he's bs-ing you, he may have adjusted the spring tension but that's all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No he didn't - if he told you that he's bs-ing you, he may have adjusted the spring tension but that's all.

why do you say that? he had to because i fkd them up by doing them myself and they were all the same position sooo
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Having a trem makes this proces harder, sure, but the Edge III isn't that bad.

He's only had this guitar for a while and seeing as he payed 20 quid for the last string change, chances are the tech set his bridge up as well.

A properly set up Edge III will last longer than most people think.

well actually me and 3 of my friends have had an edge III and all three broke down...
ive spent more than 60euro on getting that b*tch set up (6 times )
maybe we all got crappy ones but my opinion is: that thing is gonna break down on ya...sooner or later...
Gear:
Geetars:
**Schecter Demon**
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul (Camo)
Ibanez RG-350DX
Ibanez GAX-70
Ibanez IJ-70
Amp(s):
**Valveking 212**
Fake cube 60
Ibanez Jumpstart amp
Pedals:
EH Metal Muff
GLX Distortion
Zoom G-2.1u
Quote by Rammstein_Fan15
well actually me and 3 of my friends have had an edge III and all three broke down...
ive spent more than 60euro on getting that b*tch set up (6 times )
maybe we all got crappy ones but my opinion is: that thing is gonna break down on ya...sooner or later...

Yes it is and the moment when this happens will be much sooner with an Edge III than with a higher quality trem, but, I still stand by my statement that when properly set up, this bridge isn't nearly the STD infected piece of tin foil some people make it out to be.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!