Page 1 of 3
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think will happen with this match? Will England win or will they loose, not qualify for EURO 2008 and disgrace England as is usually the case.

They definately have the players and skill to go far, but they dont seem to be using this skill to it's full potential. They could have beaten Russia but they didnt(Although, Rooney's goal was both beautiful and skillfull).

Any ways, what do you think will be the result of the match. England is at home which will benefit them, but Croatia is a tough team.
Quote by Dookie92
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think will happen with this match? Will England win or will they loose, not qualify for EURO 2008 and disgrace England as is usually the case.

They definately have the players and skill to go far, but they dont seem to be using this skill to it's full potential.

...Ouch.
But so true :P
I don't think we're going to get very far to be honest but I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

I may be only user from Croatia and maybe the only user who knows where is Croatia, but we are damn good in football.

And England haves nothing but a name.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
GO ON THE CROATIA!!! Although England will probably win both matches left to play, I am really hoping that they do not because it will show them that they arent actually as great as they make themselves out to be.
Dont worry though, all the commentators will console you if you should lose with the consent, insesent reminders of that glory day in 1966....
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Quote by GodzillaComplex
...Ouch.

Not that I have a problem with England, but this has been the case lately. They have a lot of great players who play great at their clubs, but they can never seem to work together as a team.
Quote by DarTHie

I may be only user from Croatia and maybe the only user who knows where is Croatia, but we are damn good in football.

Yeah, Croatia is great team.

But I wouldnt say England is just a name, they have some skillful players.

Ooops, I didnt mean to quote the flag.
Ing-her lund
Ing-her lund
Ing-her lund
Ing-her lund
Nah nah
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Well England has quite obviously got better players; Lampard, Rooney, Owen, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Beckham, Wright-phillips but they just don't seem to be a good team, England need to find the best postions to work and i don't think Steve McClaren has got the right idea.

When is this match on, today? BBC?
Quote by Dookie92
Yeah, Croatia is great team.

But I wouldnt say England is just a name, they have some skillful players.

Ooops, I didnt mean to quote the flag.

I didn't mean just the name, like - they are really good and strong on the paper - but on the field...

EDIT:

And one thing I was thinking asking you Brits all the way...
Are English newspapers really so open when critising the players/managers, to put it nice.
Quote by Johnljones7443

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by DarTHie
I didn't mean just the name, like - they are really good and strong on the paper - but on the field...

Well to be fair, they still beat brilliant teams, or recently drew to Brasil so they have got the skill but it's about using that skill to make an affect.

My Prediction's ENGLAND-2 CROATIA-1
Last edited by kidsilcon at Oct 23, 2007,
And one interesting fact about Croatian manager Slaven Bilic:

He plays the guitar and is a great fan of rock and hard-rock.
He even had a band before he became a manager.

Left one.
Quote by Johnljones7443

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by DarTHie

no you're not

I know where Croatia is and I've been a fan of the football team for 7 or 8 years, although i live millions miles away from there
My Spanish Hearts

QUOTE]

Thats pretty cool, I would support them just for that.
I actually hate the england footie team atm, all they care about is cashing their big fat footballer cheques. I say this mainly in light of losing to Russia, honestly they are a joke, and need to seriously reconsider why they play the game in the first place.

also u cant blame mclaren, he cant score goals. maybe not qualifying will shock them into working harder.

Are English newspapers really so open when critising the players/managers, to put it nice.

hell yes
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by AngerIsAGift06 at Oct 23, 2007,
Honestly? I don't give a damn - after the rugby and Hamilton, who've worked their arses off to get to where they got, England's footballers are a f'cking waste of space. It's true. Hamilton's fate was out of his own hands (what OS do they put on those cars anyways? Because at times I swear it's f'cking Windows NT ) Scotland have done a great job, considerin they have Italy, France and Ukraine in their group. England's team? Croatia are good, Russia have got a great coach, Isreal? C'mon. 11 behind the ball works most of the time, but if they're as good as they seem to be, they should've broken em down both home and away. I'll follow the club games as long as I wish, but to be honest, Motorsport is more my thing - Amount of work they've gotta do, they earn their cash.
(Note: Apologies to Spaniards, but I'm so glad Raikonnen won and not that 2-faced **** Alonso. That guy makes Judas look like a genuinely nice bloke)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
England gon' get raped.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Korzack
Honestly? I don't give a damn - after the rugby and Hamilton, who've worked their arses off to get to where they got, England's footballers are a f'cking waste of space. It's true. Hamilton's fate was out of his own hands (what OS do they put on those cars anyways? Because at times I swear it's f'cking Windows NT ) Scotland have done a great job, considerin they have Italy, France and Ukraine in their group. England's team? Croatia are good, Russia have got a great coach, Isreal? C'mon. 11 behind the ball works most of the time, but if they're as good as they seem to be, they should've broken em down both home and away. I'll follow the club games as long as I wish, but to be honest, Motorsport is more my thing - Amount of work they've gotta do, they earn their cash.
(Note: Apologies to Spaniards, but I'm so glad Raikonnen won and not that 2-faced **** Alonso. That guy makes Judas look like a genuinely nice bloke)

Y'know footballers work just as hard as F1 racers they just get paid more because more people watch football. Do you really think they would be getting paid that much if it wasn't the worlds' number 1 sport? of course not. I obviously agree that they get paid too much but taht is the reason why.
Quote by DarTHie

Left one.

UG now officially support Croatia.
I hope England don't qualify so I can enjoy the tournament without all the bullshit for a change.
I'm from Croatia aswell, but I don't really watch football. I'm only interested if Croatia's playing, but it bores me to watch a full game. I'll catch the highlights if I can.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by OneHappyCamper
I'm from Croatia aswell, but I don't really watch football. I'm only interested if Croatia's playing, but it bores me to watch a full game. I'll catch the highlights if I can.

Someone on UG from Croatia...
Thanks god.

Ali navijaš jer je Slaven šreder i po... haha
Quote by Johnljones7443

happy new yeeae guyas.
Last edited by DarTHie at Oct 23, 2007,
say have you people even looked at the table? England won't even qualify if they beat croatia. The only possibilities for them to qualify are if they win their last game and russia drops 2 points or if croatia loses all their games.
Quote by DarTHie
Someone on UG from Croatia...
Thanks god.

Ali navijaš jer je Slaven šreder i po... haha

Haha! Da je šreder nebi navijao
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
I want england to play us again
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Everyone says England has the players, but the truth is they dont anymore like in the 90's. We have about 4 top class players in the 1st eleven around 3 overrated goofs that dont try and a couple players who are new to England but actually try.
Hoodoo you do Mr. Bellamy
Quote by .:SwAmPmOnKeY:.
say have you people even looked at the table? England won't even qualify if they beat croatia. The only possibilities for them to qualify are if they win their last game and russia drops 2 points or if croatia loses all their games.

No, if Russia looses the next two games, and England beats Croatia they can still qualify. If they had beaten Russia, the task would have been alot simpler and easier to accomplish but since they let their guard down, Russia won. So it doesnt look like England will qualify but they could still get a bit of luck.

These are the current standings.

Pld Pts
Croatia 10 26
England 11 23
Russia 10 21
Israel 10 17
F.Y.R. M 10 11
Estonia 11 4
Andorra 10 0
Quote by Dookie92

They definately have the players and skill to go far, but they dont seem to be using this skill to it's full potential. They could have beaten Russia but they didnt(Although, Rooney's goal was both beautiful and skillfull).

Any ways, what do you think will be the result of the match. England is at home which will benefit them, but Croatia is a tough team.

because of a bad decision....? yes?

and we better win!
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Diamond Dave
well the socceroos drew with croatia and knocked them out of the world cup... its been a while since then but if england cant beat croatia id say thats a pretty poor result

I'm from Croatia so I'll explain to you.

Recent team is much different from then (Modric, Eduardo and many more young players are here now, and some oldies as Prso and Rapaic are gone), and the manager is different.
Quote by Johnljones7443

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by DarTHie

Left one.

Sweet. Come on Croatia...
Im english, but i hope that england lose. Not just because mclaren is a tool, but because it would be great to see the expressions on the faces of all the scouse and manc gits in the team

Of course, if he selected any sunderland player, it would be a different story!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Of course, if he selected any sunderland player, it would be a different story!

Haha, you mean like Chopra??? Newcastle rejectee

England aint gonna qualify, they dont play as a team enough.
TRANSFORMICE

do croatia still have suker? i liked him......

i think we'll win just because we know that not winning means no qualification
I hope England lose.

Give em a bit of a wake up call. I think the england team are too complacent, maybe all that money they get for kicking a ball around is going to their heads. It seems to me that all the other countries are still actually trying hard and want a good game, whereas most of the England team are getting too lazy thinking they just beat anyone. Then again. I don't follow football, but thats how they come across to me and many others.

If England stay complacent then they'll lose. A bit like the manchester utd and southend match which ended 1-0 to southend. They had international players on the pitch but they didn't bother until it was too late and they lost.

Good luck Croatia!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Page 1 of 3