Ah ha! Another one from UG's reccuring pessimist! It would appear that not only is my glass half empty-I cant afford another one afterwards!

Recording is Here

Artistic License and A Million and One Regrets

Verse 1
I got up this morning and i left myself lying in bed,
I'd have made the effort, but i'd rather be sleeping instead.
I shouldve been a rockstar now, I couldve been a millionaire,
I keep fighting and trying but I swear I'm getting nowhere.

Chorus
Nothings real but the grain of the wood in the bar,
and the fog of the smoke in the air -
so that nobody knows where they are.
Or where they came from, 'cause really we're all the same,
and there's only so far we can go

Verse 2
I got me a cheap guitar, and a half smoked cigarette,
Artistic license and a million and one regrets.
I'm losing inspiration here, along with my jack and coke
and once again my friend, I've reached the end of my rope

[repeat chorus]

Middle Eight
My fingers are bleeding now,
and im sitting here number than most.
Its only when you've lost everything -
that you see what you wanted the most.

crit for crit, etc etc
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Hey Liz.

I've heard this before, I think it was on your myspace.

I don't have too much to say, expect "wow".

My favourite part is the middle eight, and the line is about the grain of the wood in the bar.

Very heartfelt stuff.
Hello stranger! I havent seen many posts by you for a long time! Yeah this is an old one, it was on myspace just over a year ago but I took it off. I just discovered it again sitting amongst a pile of lost and weary mp3's in an unnamed folder and decided to throw it on here. See what people make of it.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Thanks for seeing mine!

I really enjoyed this piece. It had a very sombre air to it, it's rather melancholy, but somehow it still comes across (at least to me) as having an air of optimism about it - there's a certain knowledge, a certain sageness and wiseness of experience.

The first line is fantastic, and roped me in straight away. I liked the oxymoron, it made the line almost blackly comical. The last two lines of the first verse are ever-so-slightly cliché, but I think that it doesn't affect the piece in the slightest.

The chorus is fab. As BrianApocalypse already said, the part about the grain of wood is a stroke of brilliance! The second verse is very, very strong, I enjoyed it immensely. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the last eight is also brilliant!

All in all, a great piece, and I really enjoyed reading it. Very heartfelt, very honest.

nice I like it
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
"I got me a cheap guitar, and a half smoked cigarette,
Artistic license and a million and one regrets."

one of the best lines I've read in quite some time. Some of the rest isn't really up to the quality as that. I read the chorus a few times, and for the life of me couldn't get a rythm that I thought was that good. As I read it again, I think the entire verse 2 is well above avergage writing. Excecpt fo the coke/rope rhyme which is a bit comical actually. Although I didn't much care for the rhyme in the last "eigth" as you call it of "most/most" I do think that it is passible. Also, in the last little stanza there, I get what you're saying about being numb, but I'm not sure that's how you spell it and am to lazy to double check it. may I suggest just chaning it to "more numb than most" that way when you reapeat most in the last line as well it appears more intential. Just a suggestion.
LISTEN:
A Myspace introduction to:

LEARN:
It's not always rainbows and butterflies,
It's compromise that moves us along. -- Maroon 5
Numb (nŭm)
adj., numb·er, numb·est.
Deprived of the power to feel or move normally; benumbed: toes numb with cold; too numb with fear to cry out.
Emotionally unresponsive; indifferent: numb to yet another appeal.

Yep, number is right though the b is silent, so when it is spoken or used in context its easy to differentiate between the varying forms of the word. Obviously.

If you want to get the rythmn for the chorus-listen to the recording ;P thats what its there for! Thanks for all the comments.
Quote by damn-right!
Numb (nŭm)
adj., numb·er, numb·est.
Deprived of the power to feel or move normally; benumbed: toes numb with cold; too numb with fear to cry out.
Emotionally unresponsive; indifferent: numb to yet another appeal.

Yep, number is right though the b is silent, so when it is spoken or used in context its easy to differentiate between the varying forms of the word. Obviously.

If you want to get the rythmn for the chorus-listen to the recording ;P thats what its there for! Thanks for all the comments.

no worries man, I figured it was right, it just looked odd. I'll check out the rythm. You mind taking a look at mine ... it's called Hailey's Song. Thanks.
LISTEN:
A Myspace introduction to:

LEARN:
It's not always rainbows and butterflies,
It's compromise that moves us along. -- Maroon 5