View poll results: Reckless=bad driving
Yes
85 79%
no
11 10%
depends. (explain)
11 10%
Voters: 107.
Me and some friends got into a argument... That kept saying I'm a bad driver cause I get a tad bit reckless.

So I want your oppinion is being reckless meaning being bad at driving?
Well if you mean to be reckless then no, but if it's unintentional then yes.
no if I drive reckless its cause I feel I'm able too with out getting into an accident...

Pointless is a bad word to describe this thread, because saying its pointless would mean their is no reason to it... but I have a reason so thus it isn't pointless.
Reckless= without care.

If you don't drive carefully you are a bad driver.

Why do you think people get arrested for reckless driving?

Jesus, the stupidity of some people...
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

depends. If its and old (40-50) guy with a good deal of experience just out opening up his 69' camaro or 67 GTO, or in my dad's case 73 Satellite, I consider it ok because they know what they are doing. If it's some kid in a ricer trying to show off to some girl, no, it's not ok.
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
Quote by Child In Time
Reckless= without care.

If you don't drive carefully you are a bad driver.

Why do you think people get arrested for reckless driving?

Jesus, the stupidity of some people...

true, I stopped driving recklessly after I got pulled over... But I mean its not like I'm ****ing going into other lanes or going 20 over the speed limit... The worse I did was going into a turn a little too fast that was like one time and I'm automatically branded as a bad driver though do you guys think thats fair?
Let's first define "reckless" as "taking higher risks", or "without concern".

If we then define "good driving" as "skillful and controlled", you can be a "good" but reckless driver, or you can be a "bad" and reckless driver.

If, however, we then define "good driving" as "acting in such a way as to avoid dumbassery and damaging lives or property", then no, reckless driving and good driving are mutually incompatible.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Yes, obviously.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Maybe what he was trying to say is, if you can drive like mad through crowded streets and not have an accident, you must be a good driver. I agree with that, but I don't think the city streets are the right place to do that. You never know what could happen, you can't predict everything on the road. There's just too much going on.

So, in terms of driving skill, it's great driving, but in terms of safety, it's bad driving.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by hemi-san
depends. If its and old (40-50) guy with a good deal of experience just out opening up his 69' camaro or 67 GTO, or in my dad's case 73 Satellite, I consider it ok because they know what they are doing. If it's some kid in a ricer trying to show off to some girl, no, it's not ok.

He makes a good point because as we all know, a 69' Camero won't get mangled in a car crash, like every other vehicle on the road.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Maybe what he was trying to say is, if you can drive like mad through crowded streets and not have an accident, you must be a good driver. I agree with that, but I don't think the city streets are the right place to do that. You never know what could happen, you can't predict everything on the road. There's just too much going on.

So, in terms of driving skill, it's great driving, but in terms of safety, it's bad driving.

Nope. You're extremely lucky that drivers around you can react to bad driving.

The only exception to the rule are the emergency services. And that's only because they are TRAINED to drive at high speeds.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
He makes a good point because as we all know, a 69' Camero won't get mangled in a car crash, like every other vehicle on the road.

wrong. Actually your screwed if your in a crash in an old car. this all came to me after I was the first one on a nasty crash in front of my church. Think about it. old cars are made of detroit steel, so you would think they woul be safer, right? wrong. because they hold up well, all of that energy is transfered to you, thus sending you through the windsheld, the dash,steering wheel,whatever. New cars, being made of alluminum and urethane, are weak thus they absorb the energy from the impact. Saving your butt. But the point i was trying to make is that usually old cars are driven by older people with experience.
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
Quote by hemi-san
wrong. Actually your screwed if your in a crash in an old car. this all came to me after I was the first one on a nasty crash in front of my church. Think about it. old cars are made of detroit steel, so you would think they woul be safer, right? wrong. because they hold up well, all of that energy is transfered to you, thus sending you through the windsheld, the dash,steering wheel,whatever. New cars, being made of alluminum and urethane, are weak thus they absorb the energy from the impact. Saving your butt. But the point i was trying to make is that usually old cars are driven by older people with experience.

Is your sarcasm detector not working today?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Is your sarcasm detector not working today?

Kids today eh?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I'd class reckless driving as driving in such a manner that is above your skill level in a manner that endangers yourself and people around you. I hate being anywhere near boyracers on the roads, it always unnerves me. I myself have been taught to drive to a very high standard with a variety of courses and experiences
People need to quit talking about 'skill level'. The road isn't there for you to practice your 'skills' of driving fast, it's there for travelling within the highway code.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
People need to quit talking about 'skill level'. The road isn't there for you to practice your 'skills' of driving fast, it's there for travelling within the highway code.

That often doesn't happen though
If anyone at all is being put at risk due to your driving, including you, I'd say it's bad driving bud.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
If anyone at all is being put at risk due to your driving, including you, I'd say it's bad driving bud.

+12346589756546
The road isn't a race track. If you think "Im t3h l337 driv3r mAN!" the chances are:
1. You're not.
2. Even if you are, other people on the road won't be, and will not be able to stop/drive like you to prevent an accident. Let alone pedestrians, cyclists, pets etc.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
reckless = bad
wreckless = good
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
I voted depends, but I'm not going to explain.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
... Ok you people took what I said the wrong way... I'm not talking about racing in any manner... I'm talking maybe going 10 over and going into turns a little too fast... not like ****ing drivng 100 in a 45 zone...
Yes, if you drive recklessly you are not a good driver. The road is not a race track, you are a fool for driving like that. People think they're cool driving like a jackass when anything can happen and puts anyone on the road at risk. To me, theres no difference between driving recklessly and driving drunk. Both can have the same result. A GOOD driver, is one who can get from point A to point B in a safe manner. A good driver also sees the benefits of driving like a normal person as it puts less wear and tear on their vehicle as well. I'm not saying to drive like a grandma, just use some COMMON SENSE.
Originally posted by Cakefighter
Ya wooden shoe wearin, windmill buildin, (I'd call ya pot smokin but it would make me a hypocrit) dirty Welshman.
Reckless driving is bad driving. It's not your fucking road. There are rules for a reason.
Now get the fuck off my road.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Rankles

Yes I agree with you. I'm sick of assholes always thinking they own the roads. Stop tailgating my car, stop cutting me off, and STOP talking on your ****ing cellphone while driving. Reckless drivers cause accidents and deaths, so yes, they are bad drivers. My parents car was destroyed about 10 years ago while traveling through a green light, because some idiot kid in a truck decided he didn't have to wait at the red light for some reason. Fortunately they lived, but things could have been a lot worse all because someone felt like driving like a reckless idiot. Again, reckless drivers are bad drivers (among other things)
Last edited by OpposingForce at Oct 23, 2007,