Hi ,

Can someone help me with the intro of the song " under the bridge " by RHCP ???
I use this tab :

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/red_hot_chili_peppers/under_the_bridge_tab.htm

Now , the playing or so is not the problem , but I would like to know the chords to play it....

I heard there is like a difficult D chord in it ...
I can figure out most chords , but would like to have some help from you guys , and maybe type the diagram of the chords also maybe

Sorry if I ask dumb questions or so now , but I really want to learn it .
I given up like 3 times already , and now I'm a while on the forums here , maybe some guys can help me ???

Thanks in advance , Dimitri
Well the difficult D chord as you describe it is the open C moved up two frets so it looks like x,5,4,2,3,2, then it's followed by F# (2,4,4,3,2,2). By the looks of things (been years since I've played that intro) they're the only two chords used.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
for the 'd', when you play it, your hand should be in the same shape as if you were playing a bar chord, but without the root note (as john often does).

im still a bit confused as to wht you want to know

Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Aah, I see , and with that D chord ? I guess I have to bar the 2 fret g , b and e string ? that would be easiest ? Or am I wrong ?

e 2 = (2) |
b 3 = (2) | -> barred ???
g 2 = (2) |
d 4
a 5
E x

Thanks again
I don't bar the first chord. I play a D chord in C position. I bar the second chord, though in E position(not sure the name of the chord at the moment). Hope that helps
Hi ,

I think I figured it out , ( with the d chord I barre all the 6 string on the 2nd fret) , and then just somethimes put youre fingers out of the chord for the fingering

Thanks everyone

Dimitri
Quote by PearlFoo
Aah, I see , and with that D chord ? I guess I have to bar the 2 fret g , b and e string ? that would be easiest ? Or am I wrong ?

e 2 = (2) |
b 3 = (2) | -> barred ???
g 2 = (2) |
d 4
a 5
E x

Thanks again

Whatever is most comfortable for you. Personally I would have down just the four fingers with no bar (x,5,4,2,3,x) as you don't actually play the high e string so it feels slightly less of a stretch and you're more in line for the little embellishes on the chord, but barring it wouldn't be bad. It would get you in the habit of being able to change different shapes easily and quickly if you had the whole thing down but do what feels comfortable.

The advantage you have of barring the whole of the second fret is that it will be easy to jump into the F# position.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic