Why do I feel so alone with this band? lol. I really like the band Venom, I mean really. But, for some reason no one at my school knows who they are. I mean, I know that they were a pretty "under the radar" band in the 80s due to attacks by critics, but you'd think at least one of the so called "metal fans" at my school, who listen to like Slayer and nothing else by the way, would have at least heard of them. Do any of you guys like Venom? Or am I alone even here? Venom fans UNITE!
I'm the only person at my school who likes metal.
But yes, I like venom is there a thread on them already?
LAY DOWN YOUR SOULS TO THE GODS ROCK 'N' ROOOOOOOOOOOLL!!! Yeah baby, Venom are awesome! I've seen them live too .
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Im the only metalhead at my school (other than the poseurs) so I am the only one who knows about Venom.

THEY ARE GODS
Im the only metalhead at my school (other than the poseurs) so I am the only one who knows about Venom.

THEY ARE GODS
One of THE best bands from the NWOBHM. Venom haters can go listen to My Crying Bride for all I care - the fact is that without Venom, Black, Death or Thrash metal would not exist. Period.

At War with Satan has got to be one of the best 20 minutes of music ever.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by chylde_of_fire
One of THE best bands from the NWOBHM. Venom haters can go listen to My Crying Bride for all I care - the fact is that without Venom, Black, Death or Thrash metal would not exist. Period.

At War with Satan has got to be one of the best 20 minutes of music ever.

qft, people need to show respect where its due.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Is it just me or isn't Venom Black Metal? I see everywhere that everyone says that they are black metal but i just can't find the black metal sound when i listen to them. Is it their album 'Black Metal' that tricks people?

Now i'm not really into BM but i have heard a few songs from the most famous bands in black metal atm and its nothing like.
Quote by wideheim
Is it just me or isn't Venom Black Metal? I see everywhere that everyone says that they are black metal but i just can't find the black metal sound when i listen to them. Is it their album 'Black Metal' that tricks people?

Now i'm not really into BM but i have heard a few songs from the most famous bands in black metal atm and its nothing like.

venom influenced the idea for black metal, so all the early bm bands listend to venom, this is were they got the idea, and took it one step further.
Quote by Karl Sanders
Quote by wideheim

Yes they are very much black metal, in the same way as Hellhammer, early Bathory, Mercyful Fate, early Death SS, etc are.

Venom aren't in any way black metal.. the only thing that Venom contributed to black metal was a name and maybe some lyrical themes.
Quote by macho man
Venom aren't in any way black metal.. the only thing that Venom contributed to black metal was a name and maybe some lyrical themes.

Genres change over time. In black metal's case, for the considerable worse. Venom are Black Metal. Deal wit' it, yo.

Lets all say that Black Sabbath aren't Doom because they don't sound like While Heaven Wept, shall we?

Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Oct 23, 2007,
thanks guys; these replys are fantastic. its great to see that there are pleanty of other Venom fans out there. so many kids at my school say they're metalheads and all they listen to is Slayer, some Metallica and the rest is emo and rap. there are some people who like Tool, but they're mostly jock assholes who just act like they're huge fans. I wish more metal fans went to my school.
I consider Venom a RAW version of NWOBHM or MAYBE Thrash. Venon Rule either way.

"COUNTESS BATHORY!"
Teacher's Pet FTW

that or Die Hard
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Teacher's Pet FTW

that or Die Hard

"Teacher caught me masterbating underneath the desk. She looked at me and winked her eye and said see me after class."
Venom's alright. Not amazing but they're good.

Quote by metal Lover
"Teacher caught me masterbating underneath the desk. She looked at me and winked her eye and said see me after class."

Love that song.
Oh I fucking love this band.

Has anyone heard the reunion album Cast in Stone? The first half is simply fantastic, although the second half is pretty bad. The song 'Destroyed and Damned' has to be my favourite Venom song of all time. Sooo epic, and so heavy. Hell yeah.

As for the classics, 'Buried Alive' is probably the most evil and atmospheric song since 'Black Sabbath' itself. And 'The Seven Gates of Hell' is one awesome piece of work.

Yeah, I just love Venom.
the song Acid Queen sounds so raw.
the solo on "To Hell And Back" Sounds so good.
venom=great band.
Quote by Karl Sanders
Teacher's Pet gave me a boner when i read the lyrics

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Quote by sevenchurches
Teacher's Pet gave me a boner when i read the lyrics

haha, awesome
Quote by Karl Sanders
^It was

except i was in the library at the time

But yeah the whole Buried Alive/Raise the Dead prequel sequel is awesome.

EDIT:

S-A-C-R-I-F-I-C-E!!! No one spells out the names of their songs anymore!

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
New album in the works, woo.

don't burn the witch, black metal, witching hour leave me in hell. there is a lot of great stuff from them
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.