I was curious about people's opinions about these two amps. Do they have simular distortion? Is the XXX a better bedroom amp?
I have the XXX Super 40, it's nice. The ultra setting is a little loud, but I really like the crunch setting for AC/DC type classic rock and a lot of instrumental stuff like Satch.

If you can find the EFX edition, go for it. It has a bunch of effects that will help with your tone, since the cleans are so-so, and chorus/delay/reverb will help it.
Cranked, the 6505 wins HANDS DOWN, but bedroom settings, probobly the xxx. the 6505 doesnt sound as great at low volume.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I dunno why people think the 6505/5150 doesn't sound so good at low volumes, I can get a pretty nice tone out of mine, well for the amp at least, not a fan of them anymore =P
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
At the lowest volume on a 6505 which is about (1/4) / 10 the volume changes a bit and gets muddy. Unfortunately this is about the only bedroom volume... so unless you can crank it just a little more or find a way to restrict it, it's gotta be loud to get the effect.

Personally I hate the XXX. I played on one today and having purchased a JSX and cranked a 6505+ in the 'loud lounge' it came nowhere close to what I was expecting. Not worth the money imho, might as well get a VOX with some metal tones. Then again, maybe their XXX head was faulty or through a bad half-stack.

Either way.. 6505's distortion is much heavier with brutal tones and mind-blasting hiss(the good kind). XXX is more muddy but possibly better when it's on the crunch setting..I didn't bother even trying it because I was so put off by it's ultra.
i dunno why people think the 6505/5150 doesn't sound so good at low volumes, I can get a pretty nice tone out of mine, well for the amp at least, not a fan of them anymore =P

the 6505 cranked owns alot of amps for Metal / Heavey metal.
at lower volumes, it sounds crazy to (B/c is a 6505 ) but i played a XXX today pretty low they kept tellin me to turn it down but i wasnt even on 1 and it sounded pretty good.

so im gonna say 6505 takes both.
Quote by The devil spawn
Definetly the 6505.It is heavier and louder and without a doubt in my opinion the best amp ever.

I have MANY doubts that it's the best amp ever. many!
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I really dont like the Ultra setting too much on the XXX, it's pretty loud when it comes to feedback.

The crunch setting is awesome though, lots of versatility even just using the gain knob. At 5 I can a nice tone for classic rock and whatnot, and when cranked to 10 it does a nice clear metal tone nicely.