Hy,

I play guitar in Tubelight. We play a kind of velvet underground + strokes influenced indie rock. We've been playing together for about 4 months now and just recorded our first demo. Three of the seven songs are posted online here:

www.myspace.com/tubelightband

Tell me what you think

Enjoi , Peter.
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
Last edited by pe_666 at Nov 20, 2007,
^Haha, our singer would shoot you for that, he almost killed our drummer for putting the killers among our influences on myspace
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Ibanez 12string acoustic
Your singer has a very strong voice! I really don;t listen to the indie stuff, but you pull it off well.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
thanks
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Ibanez 12string acoustic
I think it's pretty cool, but your singer really does sound like a combination of Julian Casablancas and the guy from the Killers. You overall sound very similar to the Strokes, which obviously you say is an influence, but I sometimes think it's too close.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Really nice, I loved it...Espcially "December", Solid playing and the singer has a really strong voice yeah..Amazing job!!
radiohead
Quote by MoonBoots432
You overall sound very similar to the Strokes, which obviously you say is an influence, but I sometimes think it's too close.

+1

Overall, the songs are quite good but try to find a more personal sound. Try to experiment as much as you can to find a more "original" sound, in lack of better words.
yep, we're working on it, our latest songs even sound a bit shoegazie at times ,
tx for the good crits
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Ibanez 12string acoustic
yeah, you sound a lot like the strokes, but I absolutely love it, very clean, simple and driving alt rock music. Your singer has an absolutely amazing voice and (more rare) some nice controll over it. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you guys will head in a more original direction while still playing to your strokes-style strengths.
Quote by pe_666
yep, we're working on it, our latest songs even sound a bit shoegazie at times ,

Cool. I love Shoegaze.
Quote by European Son
Cool. I love Shoegaze.

Hi I'm Lee, the singer off the band.
First off I'd like to thank you all for the comments. And second off all we're working on our sound, our latest songs somewhat sound like The Jesus & Mary chain. Which I think some off you might like.

Cheers
*bump*
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Ibanez 12string acoustic
Last edited by pe_666 at Nov 20, 2007,
New song online, "Need it" Check it out!!!
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Ibanez 12string acoustic