Page 1 of 2
all right so im going to 30 days of night with this girl on saturday night. problem is, were both 16 and its R. would it look stupid for me to attempt to sneak both of us in somehow? any ideas of getting us in without looking stupid?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
find an older friend.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Pull a splinter cell and break the ticket punchers neck. Then walk in like nothing happened
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
step 1. Get a bum

2.??? ??? ????? ???

3. watch movie
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
find an older friend.

almost all my friends are 17, but i dont want them there. if i made one of my parents go up there and buy 2, there wouldnt be any trouble would there? i mean if you have the ticket are they still going to check your id when they take the ticket or any other **** i would have trouble with?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Just buy fake mustaches for the both of you's.

That and what rosetta said, go same fisher on their asses!
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
almost all my friends are 17, but i dont want them there. if i made one of my parents go up there and buy 2, there wouldnt be any trouble would there? i mean if you have the ticket are they still going to check your id when they take the ticket or any other **** i would have trouble with?

If you already have the ticket, from my experience, they couldn't care less.
buy tickets to another movie and just walk into 30 days of night. idk what ur theaters policy is, checking tickets at the doors of each theater or just inside, but I did it all the time and it never failed.
Quote by Leperaffinity01

o ok sweet. cause i remember one time having my parents buy one and then they told us something like that they had to go in with me...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Go there and look around for somebody older. Once you see a person, ask them "me and my friend want to see this movie but they wont sell us a ticket. If I give you the money could you grab the tickets for us?" I did that a few years back and it always worked and now people do it to me
Quote by rnrsoldier1461

Depends on the theater and how old you look. You might get away with your parents buying the tickets, but they might want to check for ID before you enter the film if you look young.
Once you go FLAC, you never go back.
Quote by Curfue
Depends on the theater and how old you look. You might get away with your parents buying the tickets, but they might want to check for ID before you enter the film if you look young.

the person who takes your ticket stub thing you mean?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by This is the One
umm whats an R rated film?
im english

Retard

I heard it on GTA
Quote by This is the One
umm whats an R rated film?
im english

you have to be 17 to see it without someone over 21
Lunatics on pogo sticks
If you use Fandango or Movie Tickets then you could use their electronic ticket pick up machines if they have one.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
An R rated movie is 18+ isn't it?

I would just go with an older friend if you wanted. I don't watch movies so I have no idea.

nope. R stands for really good. then theres G for good and X for extremely good.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Just try to get them,if it works everyones a winner,but if the guy wont sell them to you,slip him somethin extra...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
No-one in the cinema will give two ****s. Trust me.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
1. Buy a ticket
2. Theatre employee is highly unlikely to care
3. Enjoy movie!
How about this:

Don't plan to take a girl to an R rated movie if you're going to have to ask the Pit how to sneak in, because if you don't get in, then your date is going to suck.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Its_Rock77
nope. R stands for really good. then theres G for good and X for extremely good.

And XXX for very very very good if you know what I mean
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I've been to so many R-rated movies when I was under 17. I think I was carded once. I said okay, handed 8 dollars to my friend who was standing right behind me. He bought two tickets, and the ticket booth boy didn't say a thing. Chances are pretty good they just don't care. Guess it depends on where you live.
Fake I.D.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Buy tickets to a different show that's roughly the same time and walk into the theater 30 Days of Night is playing in. Worked for me with Halloween.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
you have to be 17 to see it without someone over 21

Ah-ha! Not so.
The North American Theater Organization (Yes, NATO) theaters only require you to be 16, since they all employ 16-year olds who could therefore see the movie it work, making it stupid to not allow 16-year olds. Also, NATO theaters only make you be 18 to buy someone else's ticket.

These things not the case? Where exactly do they take your tickets?

/advice from ex-theater-employee

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Ah-ha! Not so.
The North American Theater Organization (Yes, NATO) theaters only require you to be 16, since they all employ 16-year olds who could therefore see the movie it work, making it stupid to not allow 16-year olds. Also, NATO theaters only make you be 18 to buy someone else's ticket.

These things not the case? Where exactly do they take your tickets?

/advice from ex-theater-employee

how the hell does that work if they tell you that you have to be 17?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
"They" = MPAA, which is not NATO.

The 17+ is a recommendation.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
"They" = MPAA, which is not NATO.

The 17+ is a recommendation.

the place im going is an AMC, so i could just tell them that i CAN buy the ticket? or what
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
the place im going is an AMC, so i could just tell them that i CAN buy the ticket? or what

No, I don't think AMC is a NATO company. Sorry, bro.

Where do they take the tickets in your theater?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
No, I don't think AMC is a NATO company. Sorry, bro.

Where do they take the tickets in your theater?

you buy the tickets kinda outside in the food court, then you go in and theres this big main lobby and they take the tickets at the entrance to that, and i think most of the time if its an R movie they make you show it to them again at the door to the theater
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
you buy the tickets kinda outside in the food court, then you go in and theres this big main lobby and they take the tickets at the entrance to that, and i think most of the time if its an R movie they make you show it to them again at the door to the theater

Sounds like the AMC I know of.

Well if you get them online, like Dude up there said, you're safe. My idea--to take old stubs--would've worked at my theater but not there. Just try to get a ticketman who is a teenager to buy from. He is your best bet, especially if there is no managerial-The Suit type hovering.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

sometimes they dont check age. well around my area anyways. so you might be good to go.
some people like sports.
i like tits.
Quote by SteveHouse
Sounds like the AMC I know of.

Well if you get them online, like Dude up there said, you're safe. My idea--to take old stubs--would've worked at my theater but not there. Just try to get a ticketman who is a teenager to buy from. He is your best bet, especially if there is no managerial-The Suit type hovering.

would they not ask for your id if they know they didnt card you since you got them online?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by Leperaffinity01

True, I worked at the movies....as long as the manager is not near by.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Page 1 of 2