So anyway, today in my music appreciation class, we are supposed to bring in CDs, and then talk about musical form yadda yadda..Anyway, I brought in an Opeth Cd, and my teacher just shut it off, claming it isn’t music because she can't figure out the form, and then we had to watch videos over Broadway musicals. She got angry because everyone fell asleep, and asked what our deal was. Most of us agreed that it was lame that she just disregarded Opeth as "not music" because he screams, and then she expects us to love Broadway. I would have had a MUCH more open mind to it, if she would’ve had an open mind about my music.

Im just venting, you can say anything if you want. Or say your teachers a bitch, just because its fun.
I completely agree with you.

Your teacher's a hypocrite who doesn't appreciate music (irony!)
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
yea i don't think she should be teaching a music appreciation class if she can't appreciate ALL music.

Your teacher is a dick
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
hahahhaha just be like "you don't appreciate my music in a music appreciation class?"

thats pretty gay. if anything sample some songs so it starts out really soft and hotel california like and then have it all of a sudden jump into deicide or cryptopsy. oh and make the lyrics be "Die or APPRECIATE OPETH! DIE OR APPRECIATE OPETH!"

thats pretty direct.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by Preid
Just whip it out and start crankin mid lesson.

i hear that
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Yeah, gotta love those old school music teachers who hate anything remotely modern and edgy.
Kill that bitch!
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Well, I personally hate Metal, but I won't let that bias get in the way of my thoughts; your teacher is a horrible teacher, and tell her that any music theorist that knows the slightest bit on music theory would know that she was being ignorant and inane.
Quote by Preid
Just whip it out and start crankin mid lesson.

Damn right.

TS, I say you somehow link up all the stereos in your class together, max the volume, then pump out "The Grand Conjuration".

'Tis the only way.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Seems like any teacher over about 50 or so is either odd, too old fashioned, or really mean. I couldnt imagine ur teacher being under 45 or so. And not being able to figure out form is her problem. Shes the one with the music degree, and should be able to appreciate ur music and not dislike u for not liking her broadway stuff.
Quote by thewho65
What would you think would happen when you fell asleep during class?

My bet?

The teacher would stop what shes doing, have a quick glance to make sure everyone was asleep.

She'd then creep up on the kid she hated most.

Suddenly, she'd whip out a set of nads from her keggs. Big sweaty, tucked away man lumps.

Slowly she'd start to dip them in, in and out, in and out.

That or she'd just scream, i dunno like.

*sighs*
Shes like, 22. Im not to much into crazy hardcore death metal, but i thought, "Hey! Opeth is cool, got some funky stuff in their!" And I could figure the form just fine..
Wow, your teacher's a bitch. I mean, I can understand it if a teacher said something like Converge wasn't music, but Opeth is definetly music. That's pathetic really, I hate people like that. The only music I like from Broadway is Chicago, but Broadway is just as much music as Opeth or any other band.
we had a discusion about wath is and isnt music on a leson. u know there is some realy wear **** that is cald music but its like.. nothing. someone start with making a sound then its quiet for a wile and thats the song... thats bad...
anyway our conclosion is that eweryting that that have thout behinde it is music
(im not that good at spelling sorry :P )
Yeah, your teacher sounds like a terrible teacher actually.

My music teacher is pretty much amazing. He's really open to all the students suggestions as to what to play in terms of music. He tries to get music that is both challenging and fun for the students (we actually get some pretty awesome songs to play in music class).

He's even told us that if there is any song we want to play we can transcribe it ourselves and perform it. Of course, no student cares enough to work that much, but still.