Is there any owners here?
I just got about 450 bucks for my b-day and I was debating on whether I should get an Xbox 360 or a new guitar. I saw the Jackson DK2 and nearly fell in love with it, mainly the one with the "eerie dess swirl". Are there any owners here who could tell me about their personal experiences with it? I'm already leaning toward just saving up for it, but hearing some insight by someone who owns it will make me more willing to buy it. There's no stores around here that have it, but I can get my bud over at the music center to call one in for me when I get closer to making the decision.

Here's my tastes:
-I want a fast neck.
-I want a good trem.
-I want 24 frets.
-I play nearly everything, mainly 90's alternative (not why I'm getting this) and I play some heavier rock. If this guitar could handle blues, that would be an ultra plus.

Thanks in advance to those who help.
If you have other recommendations, I'm all ears!
Vice President of Stephen Colbert for President campaign, PM Cashewchaching to join

Personal Page
I chose my dk2mx something something pro over a ps3 and it was a damn good decision. Think about what your going to get more use out of, also with the guitar you don't have to deal with the red ring of death, also as a back up guitar unless your band becomes more agressive it will be useless for that purpose.
DK2 Pro owner here. Love it. Love it. Love it. Definately go try one out. I think it is fine for blues and awesome for the heavier leads. It's got a bright tone that I love but beauty is in the ear of the beholder.
Does it have real Seymour Duncan or Dunc Designed? If it has the DD's skip it. cheap trem and lame pickups. If its a newer one with Seymour Duncans, go for it. But at $450 I'm wadgering its an older moddel.
it looks pretty good, but if its EMG, then blues are
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
i wonder what answer you'd get on an xbox 360 forum...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by musicfreak003
it looks pretty good, but if its EMG, then blues are

They don't put EMGs in the 2/Pro Series, only on the MG series.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wonder what answer you'd get on an xbox 360 forum...

well, i mainly started this forum to get some answers and insight on the guitar; not so much for help with the decision. i'm 99% sure i want to get a new guitar.

Quote by CJRocker
Does it have real Seymour Duncan or Dunc Designed? If it has the DD's skip it. cheap trem and lame pickups. If its a newer one with Seymour Duncans, go for it. But at $450 I'm wadgering its an older moddel.

well, 450 bucks is what i have. the guitar is 735, give or take
Vice President of Stephen Colbert for President campaign, PM Cashewchaching to join

Personal Page
oh ok, just sounded a little strange.

IMO:

it's alright. you can do better for very little more (ibanez rg1570, with a pickup swap), but you could do a lot worse too. Trem is ok, not amazing, from what i hear it's a straight swap or an OFR, but I haven't tried this myself, so best find out for sure yourself.

I'd avoid the eerie dess swirl finish, though- you're paying a hefty premium for cosmetics, when at the price, you'd be better advised (again in my opinion) to spend that cash on a better guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

it's alright. you can do better for very little more (ibanez rg1570, with a pickup swap),

But with a pickup swap you're looking at another $200. I would try both out. The trem on Dinky is better than okay and unless you plan on dive bombing every song, it's not likely you'll notice the difference. Plus no need for a pickup upgrade on the Dinky as it comes with real Duncans. In any event, it's worth trying out the Ibanez for the flat neck. I prefer the Jackson's but everyone has their own opinion.
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok, just sounded a little strange.

IMO:

it's alright. you can do better for very little more (ibanez rg1570, with a pickup swap), but you could do a lot worse too. Trem is ok, not amazing, from what i hear it's a straight swap or an OFR, but I haven't tried this myself, so best find out for sure yourself.

I'd avoid the eerie dess swirl finish, though- you're paying a hefty premium for cosmetics, when at the price, you'd be better advised (again in my opinion) to spend that cash on a better guitar.

well, i know i'm probably going to get flamed for this...
but i like guitars that catch people's eyes just as much as i like how guitars sound
of course i'd never sacrifice cosmetics for sound, but what a guitar looks like DOES play a factor in my selection

Personal Page
Quote by rhettro
(a) But with a pickup swap you're looking at another $200. I would try both out. (b) The trem on Dinky is better than okay and unless you plan on dive bombing every song, it's not likely you'll notice the difference. (c) Plus no need for a pickup upgrade on the Dinky as it comes with real Duncans. (d) In any event, it's worth trying out the Ibanez for the flat neck. (e) I prefer the Jackson's but everyone has their own opinion.

(a) true.

(b) I disagree, it felt pretty stiff to me. And the arm kept working its way loose. I'd definitely notice the difference between it and a "good" trem.

(c) Agreed that the duncans are better than the ibanez stock pickups, but I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say you didn't need a pickup upgrade- more like the ibanez pickups need to be switched ASAP, while the duncan ones will easily last you till you can afford new pickups.

(d) true, a lot of people don't get on with ibanez necks.

(e)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SumFan98
well, i know i'm probably going to get flamed for this...
but i like guitars that catch people's eyes just as much as i like how guitars sound
of course i'd never sacrifice cosmetics for sound, but what a guitar looks like DOES play a factor in my selection

it's up to you at the end of the day... i'm just saying what I'd do.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
(b) I disagree, it felt pretty stiff to me. And the arm kept working its way loose. I'd definitely notice the difference between it and a "good" trem.

This is a common complaint with these. You have to fiddle with the nut that holds the bar in to get it right. There is another simple way to fix it but I can't think of it atm, though it has come up on a Jackson/Charvel forum I frequent. They are nice trems, but you're right with the bars being a bit finicky. I think they are also trems that need a good setup to to get the most out of them and the best feel. :

yeah, that's possible. i mean i only tried them in the shop.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
alright guys, thanks for the advice

i'm still open for other recommendations
my price range is 700-800 bucks

Personal Page