My band has recently started to play live and well, the singer and i get pretty energetic. And we both have tripped over cables. I have one 20 and 50 foot cable. One to my wah and the other to my guitar. We haven't fallen or anything. But it's super annoying trying to play and to watch out for coiled up cables. Which makes me want to get a wireless. Now, I know I can't go cheap, and I'm not going to. And for all of you who say (I don't need it) Yes... yes I do. I've jumped into the crowd before, but not strayed very far cause of the cable. Also, is shure wireless good? I'm looking on musicians friend.

Another question I have is how do I get around the cell phone problem? I read on previous posts that it cause major haywire.... but other people say they don't have a problem. So could someone point me in the right direction. I'm willing to spend 500 or more on one. As I am a tone nazi, but I do realize with wireless I will lose some. And I'm okay with that.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
I have heard pretty good things about the AKG WH systems. But if you can, go Shure they have grat ones for about $300-500.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
be sure to use $250+ on it. cheap ones add hiss and color your tone a bit.

im gonna build a buffer that goes after my guitar, and use a 50ft cable with no tone loss.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
is it true that you lose tone, i wouldnt of thought so but i don't no anything about them
Okay. I saw a **** load of shure wireless systems ranging from like 300-1100. I dont think I;ll spend over 700 for a wireless though. Unless it does somehting the other models cant?

Can you also give me a model that'd be good? I'm reading some shure stuff but alot have these two input, channels etc... I just want a GOOD one that goes from my guitar to the amp.
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Last edited by ^Slash^ at Oct 23, 2007,
imo, wireless is just too big of a purchase if you can just use a longass cable and a line driver.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i heard Sennheiser ones are supposed to be really good, not sure on how much they are though.
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Quote by roryp15
is it true that you lose tone, i wouldnt of thought so but i don't no anything about them

I'd guess I may lose 5% of my signal using my Audio Technica wireless (though I have heard that some cheaper units are much worse). Mine's a VERY SLIGHT loss, & IMO, well worth it. You can dial up a touch more pre-amp or presence to retain your tone.
To TS- Be sure to get a receiver unit that has multiple antennas/diversity (usually 2 are fine). If one antenna gets a weird signal, it'll default to the other antenna so fast you don't even know it happened.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
So.
Find a reciever that has 2 antenna. More than $300. And one with range? Or is it the same range for all?
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by ^Slash^
So.
Find a reciever that has 2 antenna. More than $300. And one with range? Or is it the same range for all?

Ranges will vary, but many will start to get a signal delay if you're more than about 60-80 feet away, but that varies. My AT system can go a bit farther, but over 100 ft, you'll very likely have some delay. Higher priced systems will most likely have more power & greater range.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Off-The-Heazay
i heard Sennheiser ones are supposed to be really good, not sure on how much they are though.

Paid $450 at GC for mine. It works flawlessley. Gives you freedom like never before, man!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby