Something is wrong with my Fender Frontman 15G, so I tried to open it by taking the 6 screws out from the back but it won't open. What else am I supposed to do? I know its probobly something really obvious, can someone help?
I'm not sure about opening it, sorry, but what's the problem? Excessive hum, sound cutting out, crappy tone, loss of volume?
The screws you just have to work on carefully, don't strip the heads. Why don't you describe the problem and see if UG can help? Unfortunately if its not a wire there is very little you can do unless you are moderately proficient in electronics.
I'm pretty sure that the only thing wrong is the on/off switch. When I press it, it feels like I'm not actually pressing anything under the switch down, and it was pretty hard to press the button down before it stopped working. Can anyone help me?
Last edited by ewsrocks at Oct 23, 2007,
Either the switch needs replaced or it may have come loose from its mounting. Shouldn't be a big deal to get a switch and replace/resolder. A new switch might run you a few bucks at Radio Shack/electronics store. Good luck. Remember to unplug.
Yeah, but remember, I never opened an amp before, and now that i'm trying to, i cant get it open. Any help on how to open it?
No, it doesnt still work because the on/off switch is broken so i can't turn it on.
check the side and the top of the amp. take all the screws out.

sometimes, a side screw holds the speaker in.

dont be afraid, it's trashed anyway, just open it up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
wait, a 15g?

theres no point in trying to fix it unless its your only amp.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
^^taking apart ur gear is the only way ull ever learn how it works.

^well aparently not. (maybe it's really wedged in there)

try taking out the foot screws.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I got it apart and i took the switch off and i'm gonna go to radio shack sometime to see if they sell the switches.

Thanks for all your help guys.
when mine (15g)broke i brought it to the shop. that was when my amp sounded like "brehkreihrhghihfhgghhghghghghghghgghghghghghghhhkekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk". after they fixed it, both of my channels are distorted. i give up,so new amp for me soon
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...