anygood? theres one at my local guitar shop adn i like it but im wondering if its worth the 400 bux, if i buy it im putting a bill lawrence l500xl in teh bridge for like 60 bux. if theres a better guitar u could suggest for that much can u tell me? i dont want a floyd rose. and i forgot, is it durable and good for tuning up and down , down alot (drop c probly lowest) thanks, sorry for bad grammer and stuff, im really really tired.
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
well, tuning up and down alot can mess with ur neck. So make sure every time u tune down a step or so, change string gauges. and adjust ur intonation. Drop C with 9-gauge strings is hard to play, as ur strings have very little tension.

A Bill Lawrence is a good idea for metal/hard rock. Dime used one, so id say there good pickups. Look around at ur local store, and find some of the $400 guitars. Play everything u can, but always thru the same amp. If u cant play that Ibanez, look elswhere.
Also check out the Ibanez ARC100 and 300, Ibanez ARX100 and 300. I am an Ibanez owner and I am very impressed with the quality of my Artcore AS73, but I have not played the ART, ARC or ARX. My gut feeling is that they are all very good for the money, better than anything else similar in that price range. Don't count on having to change the pickups until after you buy. I quite like the stock pickups in mine (ACH1, ACH2.) For a little more check out Micheal Kelly Patriot and Agiles (Rondo.)
how much are the artcore AS73, ARC100/300 and ARX100/300. could u send me a link if its not too much trouble, and the pickups int eh ibanez ART100 are stock pickups thats why i was thinking of changing the bridge and ive always wanted a bill lawrence pickup, alor of people say they couldnt get the metal tone they wanted until they tried that pickup.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Its a very good guitar for the money. If you're going for metal, you may want to change the pickups. The lower end Artists have so-so tuners as well, so a $35 set of Gotohs would be very worthwhile.
what are gotohs? ive never boughten upgrades for my guitars before.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Last edited by super_dude101 at Oct 23, 2007,
lol i knew they were tuners considering thats what you were talking about, but how are they different than the standards in the ART100, and how do u put them in/fit them? thanks
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
The stock tuners are generic, no name crap and slip out of tune easily. Gotoh's are high end and rock solid.
Gotoh tuners
Last edited by Jason43 at Oct 23, 2007,
alright thanks, i wouldve never of changed the tuners if nobody told me they should be changed.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Give 'em a chance first. You may not have problems keeping it in tune. Its more than likely you will, but you never know.
so just for a second check, is it a good idea to put hte bill lawrence in the bridge, it wont mess up the wires with two different types of pickups, sorry im a newb at this stuff.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!