So, I know that in all bolt-on necks, there is a small pad that's just where the body, and neck meet. If someone was to do anything with that, what would it do? Or is it simply to just change the neck easily?

Thanks.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
there shouldnt be a pad between the body and neck. i think u mean the bolt plate. it would make the screws go thru the neck b/c they would be too long. dont take it off and rebolt it.
well if you lose/destroy that, basically in 4 days 21 hours 26 mins and 43 seconds you will burst into flames if not replaced. Good luck!

EDIT: My Ibanez doesn't have a plate, My telecaster does. So.... "ALL" bolt ons is out of the question.

Are you talking about the neck plate (black thing at the joint)?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Fryer Mike
So, I know that in all bolt-on necks, there is a small pad that's just where the body, and neck meet. If someone was to do anything with that, what would it do? Or is it simply to just change the neck easily?

Thanks.

your fretboard would pop out.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Are you talking about the neck plate (black thing at the joint)?

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh, and I actually wouldn't care if it didn't get replaced. My guitar is a peice of ****.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I think it's just the easiest and cheapest way to fix a neck to a guitar, because set and thru-necks require time and effort that bolt-ons don't. If someone was to "do something with it" it would depend on what they did. That was probably the vaguest question I've ever heard. If they unscrew it, it would fall off.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Yeah, I'm ashamed about how I worded that.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL