can i buy it from a local retailer or are they specially made for certain ibanez models.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
no i meant the single coil in PG's signature model. It says JEM single coil.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
theres better single coils than that around.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I knew you'd be refering to the pgm because that's the only one afaik that refers to it as a jem single coil.

on the JEM77V it says DiMarzio® Breed™ (S) mid pu

on the JEM7V it says DiMarzio® Evolution® (S) mid pu

the UV777P has a DiMarzio® Blaze II® (S) mid pu

and the 555 has a DiMarzio® Evolution® (S) mid pu

so 3 different pickups (2 if you discount the UV777P which is a 7 string) go in the jem's middle coil position.

you can buy those pickups yourself.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Heres something I found out from a friend. the DiMArzio singles in the JEMs are in fact not DiMarzios at all. He was having it changed, and when he went to take it out, the tech asked him what it was suppossed to be. It looked like some piece of garbage I would of made in my house. So they apparently cheap ass Ibanez pickups, probably nto unlike what they put in their cheap models.
Quote by CJRocker
Heres something I found out from a friend. the DiMArzio singles in the JEMs are in fact not DiMarzios at all. He was having it changed, and when he went to take it out, the tech asked him what it was suppossed to be. It looked like some piece of garbage I would of made in my house. So they apparently cheap ass Ibanez pickups, probably nto unlike what they put in their cheap models.

which JEM does he have?

how old is it?

and did he buy it new?

somehow I doubt that this is the case. and if it is, I doubt that it's the norm.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
which JEM does he have?

how old is it?

and did he buy it new?

somehow I doubt that this is the case. and if it is, I doubt that it's the norm.

Bought new around 2001.
Quote by CJRocker
Bought new around 2001.

stange... maybe it's a dud?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
stange... maybe it's a dud?

Possible. You figure if they put a $2 fake in every 20 guitars or so instead of the $25 DiMarzio, they're saving some cash. I'll have to see if I can get it from him so I can examine. Dude is actually my guitar teacher, and is very reputable. No reason to lie on it anyway.