I found an all tube Marshall amp at a pawn shop for 90$. It is a Marshall Jtm30. The only thing that is wrong with it is that I needs new tubes. It uses 2 EL34 and 3 12AX7 Tubes. I play Classic Rock, Blues, Sabbath, Southern Rock, AC/Dc, And Van Halen. So what tubes would be could to replace the old tubes with.
buy it and get new tubes
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
buy it and get new tubes

I wanted links to what brand tubes I should buy and where to buy them from and if mix matching brands matters.
Quote by ClassicRock1169
I wanted links to what brand tubes I should buy and where to buy them from and if mix matching brands matters.

Does any body know and anything about that. About how much would it cost to get new tubes and payed to get them put in.
damn, i envy you.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
tubedepot.com
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
$90? Nice.

Tubes are very much a personal choice depending on the sort of tone you're after. I'd say a matched pair of Svetlana 'Winged C' valves would be a fine starting point, as these are used in many Marshalls now and have a fairly balanced response. You could also try JJ-Teslas or Sovteks, though it might come down to whichever your local shop has in store! Expect to pay about £30/$55, though this depends where you buy and what brand. If you're in the USA I've heard good things about EuroTubes, whilst in the UK, Watford Valves is a good bet.
Don't worry about the 12AX7 preamp tubes just yet - if the amp seems alright with new power tubes there should be no reason to replace these for a while.

And seriously, that's a very nice little bargain you've found! Although that said, they overheat extremely easily so you might need to splash out and get an internal fan fitted in the near future. Still worth it though...
Use the tubes sticky?? It mentions what kind of tubes are good for what kind. You can also email several online tube selling pages to ask what kind of tubes would be better for you, they pretty knowledgeable.

Apart from that i can tell you, you can use any brand of tubes you want but just make sure they EL34s for the power section and 12ax7s for the preamp section. The amp and tubes will also most likely need to be baised which a technician could do for something like 40$ or so.

90$ for that amp seems like a real fishy price though. Are you sure its a Jtm30 and not something like an MG?? Does the transformer work?
If its truly all tube, and you dont get it. I'm going to come to your house, force you to give me directions to this pawn shop, and buy it myself, kapiche?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
JJs in the power amp and Tung-Sols in preamp are my favorite mix.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
buy first, questions later
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...