Do they really work? It seems they would but I haven't got the chance to try t yet since my guitar is being repaired.

My question is can you use gift cards as guitar picks?

Of course the 3 I made are in perfect shape for a pick. Ibelieve the one I'm using would be about 1mm or .01 cant remember
Last edited by Gawne4ever at Oct 23, 2007,
you can but it is advised to use guitar picks as guitar picks and gift cards as gift cars
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
i use my student ID card as a pick if i lost mine
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Footzyrama
you can but it is advised to use guitar picks as guitar picks and gift cards as gift cars

My math teacher has the same last name as you... freaky....
Last edited by Gawne4ever at Oct 23, 2007,
Quote by Footzyrama

...........that explains a lot of things in my life...........
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Rule of thumb: gift cards are for spending, picks are for playing.

IN FACT, you could even spend the gift card on some picks! I do enjoy these grassroots DIY pick threads though, haha.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
There's a lot of things you can use as picks....those plastic things on bread loafs, school ID's, your favorite gauge of coins, hell i've even folded up a piece of paper to make a decent 1mm pick.
Quote by wannabebassist2
just find a quarter on the ground and buy one

OR find a pick on the ground and sell it for a quarter and use that.
Quote by DAaaMan64
OR find a pick on the ground and sell it for a quarter and use that.

Quarters are horrible to play with, the strings always get caught on the lip of the quarter. it pisses me off!
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
I always seem never to have a pick with me when I need one. I bought these things called pick cards. They are basically plastic cards with 4+ picks cut in them. I keep them in my wallet so instead of using a plastic card I always have a back up you just pop one out when you need it. I stick mine back in the hole and they seem to stay OK.
I Used the corner of my debit card once while checking out a guitar i was buying from a guy on Craigs list and it never worked again. I think the magnets in the pickups erased the strip! LOL I guess in a pinch if the gift card has been used you can use it for a pick.

John
Quote by Footzyrama

Why do I never receive gift cars?
Quote by Footzyrama

can you really drive them?
Quote by MyraT
Why do I never receive gift cars?

Isn't it obvious?

He says you should use gift cards for gift cars, so whenever you deserve this kickass new car, which in my case, is always, you just get a crappy gift card, which doesn't hold nearly enough value to buy a new car (or even a nice gift guitar, bunch of cheapskates!)...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 24, 2007,
i've used an mp3 player, a 2p coin, folded paper, a bus pass, sd card, my ring etc etc

of course generally if i dont have a pick i use the back of my index finger
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD