Not sure how the other thread magically disappeared... But anyways...

I had just asked everyone's favorite albums/songs of Paul's...

I really like "House of Wax" off of Memory Almost Full... great guitar solos from Paul... cool tone too, I think I read he was using his Epiphone from the 60s on that song.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
for some reason that song really kinda creeps me out. Its just a really airy and atmospheric that is kind of chilling

as for my favorite album, i like Flowers in the Dirt, McCartney, Band on the Run, Memory Almost Full

EDIT: i forgot RAM! gah, there all good.

i thought Chaos and Creation in the Backyard wasn't that good but it still had some nice songs. It was just a little different than what I was expecting
Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Oct 23, 2007,
Band on the Run is great.... But I really gotta say Yesterday is my fav. It applys to my love life pretty well.
Quote by rollingstones
I love band on the run but my favourite right now my favourite song by him is "the end of the end".

The End of the End is a beautiful song... I love how it's just so simple with the vocals coming in so starkly with just the piano in that song...

Flaming Pie, Chaos and Creation, and Memory Almost Full all are great I think... better then most of his 80s stuff and other 90s stuff... seems he does get better with age (as far as solo goes, his Beatles/Wings stuff is pretty untouchable)...
Quote by TDMize15
The End of the End is a beautiful song... I love how it's just so simple with the vocals coming in so starkly with just the piano in that song...

Nicely put, some of his simpler stuff (I use the term "simple" pretty loosely) is what really gives him such dynamic. Its amazing what that man can do with just a single instrument and his voice.
Who here thinks that some of Paul's post-Beatles stuff was better than some of what he did when actually in the band?
^Not me, Paul's Beatles stuff destroys his post-Beatles stuff in my opinion.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Bahama_Blues
Who here thinks that some of Paul's post-Beatles stuff was better than some of what he did when actually in the band?

As a whole, he was better with the Beatles... but he still came out with some great stuff in his solo career as well.
Baaaaand on the Runnn.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Baaaaand on the Runnn.

I love Paul's medleys and medley style songs such as the second half of Abbey Road, Memory Almost Full medley, Band on the Run, etc...
I'll sell my soul to go see him if he tours next year...

Anyone ever seen him live? How are his shows? I've watched a bunch on YouTube and he sounds great...
Quote by Bahama_Blues

He certainly approached Beatle quality on more than one occasion.
Most unfair to measure all subsequent works to the Beatles era but it is fair to say that Paul has done very well for himself and his fans over the years putting out some great stuff and some not so great stuff let's face it. The world is better when he sings.
That Was Me should have been one of the biggest, catchiest things on the radio, but, alas, radio won't give Paul's new great, vibrant, tuneful songs a decent go anymore.
That Was Me has been recognised with a Grammy Nomination!

Anyone dig "Electric Arguements" Paul and Fireman's latest offfering.
Debuted in the Billboard Hot 100, without Macca's name on it, a huge achievement for a recording of it's type.
Quote by westozrocker
That Was Me has been recognised with a Grammy Nomination!

Anyone dig "Electric Arguements" Paul and Fireman's latest offfering.
Debuted in the Billboard Hot 100, without Macca's name on it, a huge achievement for a recording of it's type.

I really like "Electric Arguments". You can tell that it is not a typical McCartney record (Afraid to take chances, keeping things pretty commercial).

I love how he just lets loose and puts some really strange but awesome songs on there. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes Paul's more experimental stuff.
There are only a few Beatle songs that Paul hasn't performed live and one of these is Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da.

Martha My Dear is another.

I'm glad he hasn't attempted these despite one being corny yet undeniably popular.

Man he can still belt the old Beatles classics out, very well, should be including more solo stuff though and newer stuff.

But many ppl who go to a concert are likely 1st timers and the trusty Beatles catalogue are too much of a good thing.

Too bad he won't be extending the coming tour to Australia, its not like Paul would feel lighter in the pocket when there are so many less fortunate financially who tour here for the love of the fans and the music.

He'll be over one day, hopefully
He has some good solo stuff, but I'll take Lennon's or Harrison's solo work over him anytime.

And he's got that creepy song with Michael Jackson.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
I am not a fan of Macca. In fact I find him rather annoying. He wrote some good songs with the Beeeetels, but everything else I have heard sucks. Plus, when I think about it all my worst Beeeetel songs are penned by him. Nowadays he just gets on my nerves. Something about him just reminds me of the "cool-hip-aging-ex-rocker-Uncle-who-still-thinks-he-is-young" kinda guy.

His bass skills are mint though!
Personally some of my favorite stuff by non-beatles paul would be his collaborations with michael jackson!! amazing stuff right there.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Memory Almost Full has several really vibrant songs, in the stlye of someone new and exciting but with the ever present touch of Macca.

The best thing is that the songs on that album do not sound tired, stale or uninspiring. Paul has really upped the quality of the songs on his albums.
Quote by westozrocker
Memory Almost Full has several really vibrant songs, in the stlye of someone new and exciting but with the ever present touch of Macca.

The best thing is that the songs on that album do not sound tired, stale or uninspiring. Paul has really upped the quality of the songs on his albums.

I think one of the reasons his latest few albums (Chaos and Creation, Memory Almost Full, Electric Arguments {The Fireman}) have been critically and commercially received so well is that there has been no "filler" songs. He definitely has a habit of putting some great songs on his albums... and some pretty bad ones. But these last few albums have been all at least "good' songs.

That and he seems to not be writing in a mold, especially with Electric Arguments. It's pretty incredible to hear someone as musically brilliant as Paul do stuff so experimental and different.
its hard to believe paul is still owning our eardrums and its been almost 50 years since he got big
honestly, pauls best work was with the beatles, sure, hes had some good stuff with linda and wings, but NOTHING compares to the beatles
Saw Paul live in 2005 and it was a religious experience. I mean the guy sits on the piano and that means it's time to hear Hey Jude and Live and Let Die. He performs a long show and definitely takes care of his fans. LEGEND
Quote by MSA13
Saw Paul live in 2005 and it was a religious experience. I mean the guy sits on the piano and that means it's time to hear Hey Jude and Live and Let Die. He performs a long show and definitely takes care of his fans. LEGEND

And he looks after his voice and delivers, at times, in the original key of the originals some 40 years earlier.
Quote by jaydubs95
honestly, pauls best work was with the beatles, sure, hes had some good stuff with linda and wings, but NOTHING compares to the beatles

definitely +1.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
ever hear a live version of Here Today? Its about John Lennon. One of my favorite songs.
got a chance to meet paul and the guys at a concert. i am officially one of the luck girls who have got an body part signed on stage during a concert. he is super and so are the guys.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
He really hasn't made a huge impact after the Beatles musically obviously. Sometimes people need a good collaborator in order to bring out the best of their creativity. I'm definitely like that also.

But i like the songs "Band on the Run" and "Jet". Should give more of his stuff a chance.