i have a problem im tabbing on of my songs in guitar pro and i came across a problem. I want to repeat a couple measures but where i want to start the repeat in the middle of a measure and I can only repeat at the begginning of the measure, what can I do?
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
I guess that if it's in 4/4 and you want the repeat to be halfway through that you could have a small bar of 2/4 and then go back into 4/4 for the repeats.

[i]E.g.[/i]

|-----|-|---------|---------|-|-----|
|-----|*|---------|---------|*|-----|
|-----|*|---------|---------|*|-----|
|-2-2-|-|-2-2-2-2-|-2-2-2-2-|-|-2-2-|

I'm not a user of GP, but I assume you'd be able to do something like that so that the bar leading into it is 2/4, then two bars (or however many you're repeating) of 4/4 and then going out of it as normal with maybe a 2/4 bar or 4/4 bar.
I'm not fantastic with time signatures, but pretty certain it would be called 2/4.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
ya i thought of that but i didnt know if there was any other solutions.. ill just do that.
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
alright i got that problem done, i made it 3/8 cause there was only 3 beats. At the begginning of the repeated section I went back to 4/4, But now at the end of the repeated section i have alot of rests that i dont want because i want it to go right back to the open repeat. Should I just change the time signature for that measure? It would prob be easier just to not use repeats.. ?
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
Yeah...just change the time signature for a few measures and copy and paste the stuff you want. Will be a lot easier than trying to screw around with repeats.

But if you really want to...it's really not all that hard. Just have to know how to count your note lengths. Just change the time signature for the part you don't want included in your repeat, and then change it again (maybe several times) so that you can include the part you want to repeat. And in the measure that has lots of rests...just shorten it.