hey well ive really been wanting a SG and my bday is Nov.3 and my dad said he was going to get me a SG. but he changed his mind and he said its better and has wheels and a bed. (hes gettin me a 03 S10 ) but!! i still really would like a SG. Sence i love guitar.. Should i go for the real deal while i have the money? OR should i go for the faded and put some EMG's 81/85's..and save some $. If i go for the faded,(with EMGS) i maybe could look to find a 5105, but i highly doubt i will have enough.

should i go for the SG standerd and get a Classic 30?

or go for the faded with EMG's and save up for a 5105.

I'm leaning towards the SG standerd+ CL30..

nothing wrong with the classic 30..and i really dont need a half stack..but i love the 5150s / 6505

So help? thanks!
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Last edited by dimeis#1 at Oct 23, 2007,
forgot to put i play METAL and classic rock sometimes. I mostly play metal tho

i know some1 will ask ^
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
get a G-400 and put EMGs in it, then save for a 5150
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i didnt really like the epi when i played it about 3 months ago. neck was like 10 lbs but it was a righty ..maybe it was just that one? and long story but i cant really get a epi.
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Unfortunately wheels generally come before guitars (when we are not out of our minds with GAS.) Sucks doesn't it? I'd still save up for the Standard. Fadeds and Epis are not the same (they are decent guitars however.) If you want ice cream you won't be satisfied with a snow cone.
I'd say go for a Faded, a lot of people say they're crap, but I own one and I really like it. However, I have played some lemons at Guitar Center and would suggest you play a few to find a good one. The Standard though is an awesome guitar, but I'm content with my Faded, maybe someday I'll get a higher end one. I'd also put the playability of my Faded up against a higher priced SG anyday, I also got one that the bodies only made out of 2 peices

P.S. I also have EMGs in my SG and own a 5150 =P

*edit* Anyone ever played the Black SG Special with EMGs or the Gothic I/II?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 23, 2007,
Get the Standard, you wont regret it! Trust me.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
I wouldn't be unhappy at all with a Faded or a G400. I just got lucky and happened to get some money at the right time.
I
'd say go for a Faded, a lot of people say they're crap, but I own one and I really like it. However, I have played some lemons at Guitar Center and would suggest you play a few to find a good one. The Standard though is an awesome guitar, but I'm content with my Faded, maybe someday I'll get a higher end one.

P.S. I also have EMGs in my SG and own a 5150 =p

just brag :p

i really like the SG standard..and really a sg and a cl 30 would rockk

and christmas is comming up always get quite a bit so i could save up for a 5105, then have a standard and 5105 and have metal machine..

how are the pu's are the standard..i only got to play it for about 10 mins..they were closing and they wouldntl ock me in the shop
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
490R and 498T. They are pretty good. IMO the burstbuckers or classics sound better to me.

the ones in the SG have goodtone, but less , i guess you can say distortion, or like ( i cant explain it ) less string pickup? Wow brain fart. Better for Classic rock, but will rip if you have a good amp.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
didnt wana edit everything i know its a 5150, not a 5105..i always type that wrong for some reason.

if i were going to get a 5150, should i go for the combo? or the half stack..i know some1 is gonna be like "YOU DONT NEED A HALFSTACK" but i live in the country i can rock as loud as i want, naked, you name it.
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Doesn't EVERYONE wanna halfstack? It looks way cooler then a combo IMO. And if you wanna be loud... you can be REALLY loud. Dont know bout you but i love the feeling from standing in front of a big amp cranked. Just pure rock to me.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Quote by uldhppi
Unfortunately wheels generally come before guitars (when we are not out of our minds with GAS.) Sucks doesn't it? I'd still save up for the Standard. Fadeds and Epis are not the same (they are decent guitars however.) If you want ice cream you won't be satisfied with a snow cone.

uldhppi, i now officially love you

that was the greatest analogy ive evar heard.

i'd recommend a Jay Turser SG and put an EMG 81'85 set in it.
it's a very good guitar, just the stock pickups are extremely sensitive and give hard
feedback.
Me and my friend both find that they're alot better for the buck
otherwise, SG faded with EMG 81/85 set and Peavy 6505.
and it's SG Stand---->A<---rd lol
Quote by Midnight Murk
You can check out my SG in this thread.

that looks nice.
And the white case interior is sharper looking than the black that i have
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Why not a full stack?

b/c im on a budget i wana goto college

the 5150 looks temping with just a faded.

matrix, would you rather have you faded and 5150, or a Standard and a cl 30? that is the question.
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by dimeis#1
b/c im on a budget i wana goto college

the 5150 looks temping with just a faded.

matrix, would you rather have you faded and 5150, or a Standard and a cl 30? that is the question.

Well...I honestly don't like my 5150 anymore, bit too harsh and muddy for my liking, but a lot of people like them, I've only found one other person that doesn't Been tryin to sell it for a while.

I don't know why you couldn't get the Standard and a 5150 though if you have enough for the Classic 30. 5150s can easily be found for $500-600 and a new Classic 30 is $600 if I'm not mistaken? Plus you'd have to add an OD for metal, so that's another $100 or so.

Oh and for the halfstack/combo question. I prefer the sound of the combo to the head, it's more warm sounding. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, if you turn the head up loud enough to get some good saturation and you're anywhere close, you're gonna screw up your hearing.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
edit

Well...I honestly don't like my 5150 anymore, bit too harsh and muddy for my liking, but a lot of people like them, I've only found one other person that doesn't Been tryin to sell it for a while.

I don't know why you couldn't get the Standard and a 5150 though if you have enough for the Classic 30. 5150s can easily be found for $500-600 and a new Classic 30 is $600 if I'm not mistaken? Plus you'd have to add an OD for metal, so that's another $100 or so.

Oh and for the halfstack/combo question. I prefer the sound of the combo to the head, it's more warm sounding. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, if you turn the head up loud enough to get some good saturation and you're anywhere close, you're gonna screw up your hearing.

i always go for used so lowers pricee quite a bit.

i have a 50+20 ft cable and i got some ear plugs when i shoot my 12 gauge so i think ill be ok

im still not sure..i really want to try out a 5150 for a while..goota look around and proly have to drive an hour+ to find one now.

but after looking at the reviews of the standard i still have no clue.
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Last edited by dimeis#1 at Oct 23, 2007,
^^ dude omg wtf.
deja ****in vu man!!!
i swear to god i saw a picture flash of this post in my mind at least 3 weeks ago.
DEJA VU IS FREAKIN TRIPPY MAN
you huffin/ smokin / shootin anything?
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by dimeis#1
you huffin/ smokin / shootin anything?

hahahahahaha

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
any1 else tihnk i should go for a SG Standerd + peavey classic 30. i can get a cl for about $300. once Christmas comes around i might have enough for a 5150, any1 else think thats a good idea??
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
i have the standard and i like it a lot but it just doesnt have sustain worth a crap. id say if you were deciding between a combo and a half stack, id go with a combo. i had a solid state marshall halfstack that wasnt very loud. id play normally with the volume half way cranked. that kind of worried me so i sold it and bought a mesa express 2:12. big step up but trust me, at band practice i play with the volume at 9 o' clock. and sorry if i miss understood anything i just skimmed over