Page 1 of 2
Allright,

So this one kid that i have some problems with, was just trying to state hes better then me in everyway at guitar, but really isnt, and doesnt have the balls to tell me in my face. ( know anyone like that ? ) SOOO, i heard some gossip and he says he is gonna get an orange ( after saying hes gonna get a double neck, 12 string, half stack, full stack, les paul and etc. ) And said that Orange would blow my Marshall stuff out of the water. Now i've tried every single Marshall and they all blew me away ( except MG and VS ). I've never tried an Orange before, and i've heard them and they sound nice. But will they really BLOW Marshall out of the water or what?!? What are Orange's capable of that Marshall isnt? Thats my question.

PS: Can anyone tell me how to change my sig, i gots to update it and i cant figure out how to do it.

THanks again!
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
Lotta folks say they do Marshall tone better than Marshall these days, yeah.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
click on private message then change sig. which marshall do you have? Oranges are hot rodded marshalls. just throwing that out there
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Personally I prefer Marshall..

But who gives a flying **** if he's got better gear. Tell him to bring the damn Orange somewhere. You take your nice-ass Marshall and own the **** out of him in front of everyone. I dunno about everyone else, but in my books, public ownage allows you rights to his (or now "yours" if you rather) Orange.
I only have a Marshall Cab (1960A), I cant afford a Marshall :P but the B-52 At-100 suits me for now, the thing wails with new tubes for only $700. So in other words, Orange= more gain?
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Quote by fexnah

on the contrary a lot of people say orange does marshall tone better than a marshall
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Seriously no matter how great your gear is if the the guys a bad player it'll show and good players can usually get over playing through sub par amps. Plus you have a pretty nice amp anyways, let him say what he wants. When the time comes for you to play with him then they'll see who really is good and who isn't.

Just my two cents as far as Marshall and Orange go I haven't played either but like others said form what I gather by reading posts here it's the Oranges are "like" Marshall however they are not the same.

BTW are you sure he' getting a good Orange like the Rocker 30? Or a crush series amp...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
i personally like the tone of marshalls better, but oranges are good as well. i picked my amp over an orange, but oranges are better than b52s.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Oranges are very good, very good, but really who cares what this kid thinks.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
Pshh, i wish i had a REAL Marshall, or a Mesa. The JVM blew my mind the other day at GC.

And yea, it is true that he is probably just SAYING hes getting one. OR if he does be dumb and get a Crush that obviously sucks cause you guys are like ..." Crush??? Oh... then nvmd dont worry! its not better! "

Thanks again for all the help. I Appreciate it.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Quote by zackk
i personally like the tone of marshalls better, but oranges are good as well. i picked my amp over an orange, but oranges are better than b52s.

Yea, just looking at the price difference, i'm thinking the oranges are better than the 52, but i think it gets good beefy bottom end, but it could be just the 6L6's.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Just tell the lil fucker that a great Marshall that'll kill any Orange amp is an MG. Tell him it's a great investment and convince him to get one. That'll teach him...
Ben
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Orange > Marshall. But you know he's gonna get a Crush.

I like oranges. I've never played on a marshall before though.
Quote by CapnKickass
I like oranges. I've never played on a marshall before though.
Ohh I'm sorry. Atleast low end Orange > low end Marshall
These go to eleven...
Quote by muffinman123192
Just tell the lil fucker that a great Marshall that'll kill any Orange amp is an MG. Tell him it's a great investment and convince him to get one. That'll teach him...

HAHAHA chances are he'll like it though! He currently has a fender FM212 or something. ****tiest amp on the planet, and he likes to add about 6 distortion pedals... and other **** to TRY and make it sound better. But it just sucks. The whole time it was on ( used to be in same band... but kicked him out cause hes a dick and an idiot. ) all you can hear is BLAHAHHHSHHSSHSHHSHHSHHSHSHSHSHSSSSSSSHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Never ending. HORRIBLE.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
low end marshalls < low end oranges < hankey's bassman!!!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I would never personally go that low even if I hated a guitarist so much. I mean, I'd kick him out and probably punch him in the face, but telling him to get an MG is just like.......

*shudders*
Ben
^ ... funny?
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

lol at the MG comments, maybe you could tell him to get a big Line 6 Spider stack.

^ True that would be a pretty low move...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^ ha, no fair though, then he'll have more bad distortion channels then me!
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Quote by UnsignedRecords
on the contrary a lot of people say orange does marshall tone better than a marshall

Wasn't that what I was saying...?
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by fexnah

^ That reminds me.... this is all coming from a kid who said he could practically play the solo to Shook Me All Night Long better then Angus Young himself..... I just walked away.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
It's not a particularly hard solo though so that isn't saying much. Tell him to play the end of Nightrain by GN'R better than Slash and then I'll give him kudos.
Ben
True... but playing it better than the guy who made it? BS to me.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Yeah, I'm just saying I'm not surprised someone would say that. Whoever says that is bullshitting, but I'm not surprised because it's an easy solo. True, it's not possible, but I'd kinda expect that from these kinda kids.

That's confusing, but I think you get it.
Ben
Quote by fexnah
Wasn't that what I was saying...?

damn, i misread. i thought you said people say marshalls do marshall tone better
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

ya and if that guy us saying hes going to get a gibson double neck....laugh at him becuase there is no more mass produced gibsons that are double neck and the custom shop ones are only like 4 in the world kinda thing and the only ones are the old ones that are worth like 10 grand soo really that kid is just talking out of his ass and just bring your amp to school or like a smaller amp and just get all the chicks by shreading and stuff then ask the kid to play and see if hes any good, i doubt he will even play lol he will probly try to chord on the frets not inbetween them hahahahaha...........
If you were talking to me: Fuck off, we weren't having an argument, we were just discussing his retarded friend.

If you were talking to them: Fuck off, they weren't having an argument, it was just a misunderstanding.

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Apparently, this is my 1000th post, so I dedicate it to saying that to you.
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Oct 23, 2007,
Well i'll bitch some more.... We are both equally good. He just thinks he is way better than he actually is. We've both been playing roughly 9 years.... so he has some room to be cocky. but too mush just pisses me off.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Quote by The Real Ming
Both of you are being childish, his blabbering and you coming on this forum and crying about it. Shut up and go practice.

Main Idea= Orange vs. Marshall and why.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
orange what vs marshall what? the both of you seem to be competing, but on totally different grounds.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

just in general. Like what i said in first post "Orange Blows Marshall out of water " last time i checked thats like a long shot. Comparing Squire starter amp to Marshall TSL
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Quote by StiffPick
just in general. Like what i said in first post "Orange Blows Marshall out of water " last time i checked thats like a long shot. Comparing Squire starter amp to Marshall TSL

wait wut.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Page 1 of 2