I know they have trouble fitting in some fender bodies, but how are the necks with their own bodies? And how are the quality of them?

With the prices mighty mite stuff goes for on ebay, I could prolly build a kick-ass single humbucker kramer/charvel style strat for around $500-$600 (maybe even less)

if the bodies sound good, and the necks fit in them, I'm more than willing to build one.

is the fretwork good on the necks? If its good enough to get the action down to a shreddable level I'm happy with it.

how about the bodies? are they solid wood? I don't really care if they're made from the greatest tonewood, as long as they're decent.

pickups wise, I was gonna get either a Dimarzio Mo'Joe or Evolution, possibly even a fernandes sustainer with the low prices of the rest of the parts...

and for the bridge, I was thinking either a hardtail, a wilkensin, or a standard strat trem. If I decided to go locking, I'd get an OFR, but I really dont like messing with locking trems, I can never get them in tune.

and for pots, all I want is volume, I never use the tone knobs (sounds crappy to turn them down IMO)

so what do you guys think? will the mighty mite body/neck and the other stuff make a good/great guitar?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 23, 2007,
i bought a p bass neck and the all the frets weren't cut right.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
The frets are alright. They aren't amazing per se. But they are better then more squier fretjobs.
how about warmoth? I know they are a bit pricier, but they seem to do a bang up job of producing nice custom parts, or so I hear.

If I went with them, I'd get a Solid Mahogany Soloist body with a hardtail bridge and a neck with jumbo or extra jumbo frets.

I'd stick with the same pickup as above(either a MoJoe, Evolution, or Fernandes Sustainer), coil tap it, and only use a volume pot and no tones.

How kick ass would that be for a hard rock, metal, and shred machine?

hell, if I put in the sustainer, it would probably have an ungodly amount of sustain, but I think I'll go with a Mo'Joe actually. Seems a bit more versatile to me than the Evo or Fernandes
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 23, 2007,
I'd prefer jumbo frets personally. But Warmoth is a lot better quality, and has very good quality control. In effect you will have to pay the price for high quality.
I dunno, for around $1500 I can have the guitar of my dreams from warmoth. Less than a les paul, and way better IMO (more sustain too probably due to the woods used)

24 stainless steel jumbo frets, on a mahogany neck with an ebony fingerboard, mahogany carved top and back, All finished in solid jet-black (maybe a burst/transparent on the body), a black fixed bridge of some sort, 1 humbucker (Mo'Joe) w/volume and tone pots, and a good set of black tuners.

if I add in the routing for 1 or two more pickups, I can get a single coil in the middle (either YJM sig from Dimarzio or Fender Lace sensor- probably the red one) and a breed in the neck

oh god, Its so sexy, I was going to save up for a metal/shred amp (either marshall, mesa, or a randall SS, I know, SS sucks, but I prefer it for shred...) but this is so damn amazing I may just have to push that back and save for the guitar.

that would be one hell of a guitar. For the money, and period. I don't think you could find a guitar hanging in a shop for $2000 that awesome.

hell, would I even be good enough to play it? Probably not lol.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q