Just today, my traynor YCV50Blue stoped working and i have no clue whats wrong with it. Im probly going to take it to a proffesional to find the problem, but does anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. this is just the description I sent to the manufacturer, im to lazy to type it again...

I went to play my Traynor YCV50Blue today, let it warm up, clicked off standby and no sound would come out. I checked/changed cables and guitars and the problem still persisted. Only a small, nearly in-audible sound came out of the speaker when its volume was up half-way. Everything on the amp is functioning properly along with the tubes, but it still continues to have this problem. I bought this on e-Bay and its been working for nearly a year now, but its past the 2-year warranty. It only suddenly stopped functioning today.
probly should have read my entire thing "everything is functioning properly including the tubes"
I'd guess the tubes are shot, are they glowing a bright, cherry red? More so than they normally glow?

How do you know the tubes are functioning properly? There's not really any for sure way to tell unless you're an electrician.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Last edited by V12prowler at Oct 23, 2007,
That doesn't mean they're not bad, like I said, theres not really any set in stone ways to tell for sure. I'd wait for the email from the company and then depending on what they say get new tubes.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by ICEMANN999
they are glowing normally and and they are all only like 6 months old

Did you replace all the tubes, or just the power tubes. Depending on how hard you drive your amp will determine how long your preamp tubes last.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Maybe the connection between the amp and the speaker is loose?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

try the 'guitar gear and accessories' forum, they have a tube amp thread.

doesn't sound like the tubes if they are only 6 months old. could be anything, but i wouldnt mess about with the internals, there are some high voltages involved (even with the amp switched off, the capacitors hold their charge).

job for a pro i would say.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix