I have a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade with JJ el34l and ecc83s tubes in it and I really like the sound but I want something a little darker. I think its a little to bright for what I want. Any good options for close to the same sound. I use a les paul and play hard rock. Thanks
from what i read, JJ's were supposed to have a warm tone. :P so im no help but.... ill post anyways.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
They do, they have a really warm tone, which is nice but the sound is just too bright, i want that warmness but a bit darker. When I play higher powerchords or whatnot they tend to have more treble and less power.
I see.... i'll do some research. You can also try emailing Tubedepot.com and tell them what kinda tone your looking for and what amp you have, and within like 2-3 days or sooner ( mine took that long ) they'll respond with an awnser and what tubes the suggest and stuff.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
thetubestore.com sorry**
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Gibson SG Standard
Thanks Stiff, ill try that site

and I had thought about 6L6's before but I really like the smooth, tight, warm tone of the el34s as opposed to the mesa like 6L6. But the darkness to the 6L6 is nice. What I really want is a d and g strings to blend in more when im playing a chord on it, right now it is so bright that it sticks out and is way too trebly, I want the same subtle powerful sound as I would get on a bar chord. If that makes any sense at all.