Im just got mine today, and they hurt like a bitch. Infact, I have them in right now, and they still hurt.

Anyways, talk about contacts, share stories, whatever.

Discuss.
Lol I sometimes forget I even have mine in... what kind do you have? Maybe they don't breath well?
I had contacts. I could never put them on myself, so my mom or aunt did it for me. Once at school, it fell out, so i went to the office for cleaning solution, and i couldnt put them on, so my counselor (she uses contacts) she put them on for me. Funniest High School day ever.
I don't have them, but my best friend does and she said that they only hurt for the first few days. After awhile you get used to them and don't notice them at all.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by bTOMd
yah my eyes are bothered when i dont have them in. Unless you have like an eyelash in your eye then its 10 x worse to have contacts in than w/o

ya dude that sucks man
it takes a week or 2 of wearing them regularly to get used to them.

i've been wearing contacts for 4-5 years and i've been going good.
Quote by bTOMd
yah my eyes are bothered when i dont have them in. Unless you have like an eyelash in your eye then its 10 x worse to have contacts in than w/o

Me too. I actually never really take mine off except for when I change them and they feel good all the time. I take them out and it feels so weird, almost like something is on my eye when there's not at all.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Yea, I've had them for a couple years. The first couple days suck cause your not used to something on your eye, but they get better and they are well worth it.
Quote by Broadsword
I posted this in the last one, but yeah, some old dude in a McDonalds in Alabama called me an aardvark.

Yea first time I put on contacts it was weird. But now they feel great. It might be the type, I use the disposable ones.
i have soft day and night-all month ones but i find they normally last about 6 months. if you leave em in that long tho you need to take 1 week for your eyes to rest.
i keep getting **** caught between my contact and my eye
its extremely painful
...dont get **** caught between your contact and your eye
They hurt because they get dirty when you fail putting them in, when you get the gist of putting them in in one go, and if they're properly clean you'll feel like nothings in your eye. Takes a week at most often 2 or 3 days to get used to contacts, and about a month to master them.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
i used to wear them for playing football (ok...soccer...there i said it) and they hurt like a bitch in a rage after a few hours of wearing them.

maybe it was 'cause i just didnt give them enough time to settle, but that experience put me off contacts

The End
They always hurt when I put them in my eyes in the morning, but during the day they don't bother me.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I got Michael Jackson's thriller contact lenses and everyone in the street goes:
"yeah you're so cool, i wish i had tiger contacts so i could pretend to look like Michael Jackson in thriller". My street rep' is incredible high.
First time I got them, my eyes got a little dry and it was hard to face the computer screen, but I got used to them
I've worn them for several years but I can never wear them longer than 12 hours anymore. They just hurt and hurt and hurt and I have to take them out.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
I don't want them.

They would be cool to have the painted ones, and it would be less bulky than glasses, but I rub my eyes way too much, and I'm afraid I'll damage my eye with them.

Plus, I have problems with putting things in/having stuff in my eye. I get real freaked out, and just don't want to go through with it. I also think I look better with glasses, anyway.

As easy as it would be, I just don't want them.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Soak them in a tabasco/bleach mixture every night. They'll feel fine the next morning.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by fallenangel20
I don't want them.

They would be cool to have the painted ones, and it would be less bulky than glasses, but I rub my eyes way too much, and I'm afraid I'll damage my eye with them.

Plus, I have problems with putting things in/having stuff in my eye. I get real freaked out, and just don't want to go through with it. I also think I look better with glasses, anyway.

As easy as it would be, I just don't want them.

Yeah i made a thread like that, i think i have a phobia of **** going in my eyes, like i've been hit in the eye too many times by stuff or something. When they tried to put them in i started to feel hella sick, and so i thought i was gonna puke, and so i stood up from the chair to tell him i had to go to the bathroom, and i instantly blacked out. Woke up with a wet towel on my forehead in the optometrist's office bathroom. First time i've ever blacked out, but i think i've got low blood pressure because i always feel light headed when i stand up fast.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
I've used contacts since i was 11..

it was for soccer once a week but now I use it like almost everyday until i got glaucoma, so now i'm slowly trying to start again

The only major problems associated with contact use is dryness or infection

if your an idiot you get infections, i.e. don't wash hands, don't wash case
never had that happen to me

with dryness you need to bring yourself to tear or have some drops

I'm 19 now
Quote by henza_x
I've used contacts since i was 11..

it was for soccer once a week but now I use it like almost everyday until i got glaucoma, so now i'm slowly trying to start again

The only major problems associated with contact use is dryness or infection

if your an idiot you get infections, i.e. don't wash hands, don't wash case
never had that happen to me

with dryness you need to bring yourself to tear or have some drops

I'm 19 now

Sorry about the glaucoma, that sucks. =\

I rub my eyes too much for me to really get used to them, but I really need them for soccer..
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
I work at an optometrist's office, and I've seen almost every type of contact wearer; such as the "OMG i liek leave my contacts in for weeks at a time and now I have a corneal abraision!wtflol!" people.

TS: Your problem is pretty common, for now you should start breaking your contacts in little by little. Try about 3-5 hours one day, add about an hour to that the next day, and so on untill you can get used to them.

If after about a 1-2 weeks they still hurt, you might want to ask for a follow-up with your doctor to see if s/he might change the brand.

A lot can have to do with what type of contacts you are wearing, if you have toric lenses (for astigmatisim correction), those tend to be more uncomfortable than your basic contacts. If you want comfort, disposable contacts are usually the way to go, as they are made thinner than conventional (contacts that last an entire year or so).

EDIT: And for God sake, try not to sleep in your contacts whenever possible. Not only is it really unhealthy, but it can get stuck behind your eye. I've seen pictures of people who thought they "lost" their contact, only to find it embedded in their eye socket and have to have it surgically removed. (It's really rare but it's happened).
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by iceman_8319
I work at an optometrist's office, and I've seen almost every type of contact wearer; such as the "OMG i liek leave my contacts in for weeks at a time and now I have a corneal abraision!wtflol!" people.

TS: Your problem is pretty common, for now you should start breaking your contacts in little by little. Try about 3-5 hours one day, add about an hour to that the next day, and so on untill you can get used to them.

If after about a 1-2 weeks they still hurt, you might want to ask for a follow-up with your doctor to see if s/he might change the brand.

A lot can have to do with what type of contacts you are wearing, if you have toric lenses (for astigmatisim correction), those tend to be more uncomfortable than your basic contacts. If you want comfort, disposable contacts are usually the way to go, as they are made thinner than conventional (contacts that last an entire year or so).

i have soft day and night-all month ones but i find they normally last about 6 months. if you leave em in that long tho you need to take 1 week for your eyes to rest. A optometrist told me contact lens companys have no justification to have to provide new lenses every month. If they werent so money driven there would be a test to see if the lens is worn out.
Quote by Hellhammerz
i have soft day and night-all month ones but i find they normally last about 6 months. if you leave em in that long tho you need to take 1 week for your eyes to rest. A optometrist told me contact lens companys have no justification to have to provide new lenses every month. If they werent so money driven there would be a test to see if the lens is worn out.

It's true that you can usually use disposable contacts for more time than they are advertised, but you just have to make sure you are taking extremely good care of them.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Contacts are such a pain. I hate it when you are in the shower and water gets underneath one of em.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Contacts are such a pain. I hate it when you are in the shower and water gets underneath one of em.

I quite like that feeling.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
I don't like the hassle of contacts. I prefer nerdy glasses (it attracts the boys)
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
The only bad thing about contacts for me, is that they get really dry at night.
and my vision gets blurred.

other than that i love em.
wearing glasses doesn't fit my style. im not skinny enough to pull off the nerd/geek look.
Softies!

My retina is that warped that I have to wear a hard contact, and yeah, it is hard. Only good thing about it is that it will take ages for it to dry out.

The thing is, my right eye, looking out of it, my sight resembles something like a foggy window and I can't see anything. Luckily my left eye is good enough to compensate for the other (although i do have a floater in it which needs to be operated on).

Also with the hard cntact, every time you close your eye, it feels like someone is poking your eye.
Are you reelin' in the years?
I've just ordered my first set(had glasses since before I could talk). Do you guys have any advise? Should we start a contacts club?