Anyone else out there an insomniac?

I can't stand it, I'm up till 2:30 each morning either reading, practicing guitar, fingering the keys on my sax, or silently practicing piano, stuff liek that. Sometimes I just sit on the couch. If I try to go to sleep, I'll jsut lay awake for hours on end. My mom took me to the doctor, who gave me sleeping pills, but my body is weird in the way that stuff like sleeping pills, caffine, suger, depressants, ect. don't work on me. Its just as if I'm taking them jsut to take them. They literally have no effect on me.

Is anybody else like this

(Also, by my doctors definition of it, imsomnia is where the mind is racing so that a person cannot go to sleep....my mind isn't racing whenever I'm sitting there on the couch, so I don't know how to describe my postition I just titled it "Imsomniac" for the general effect )
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Yes.

My doctor actually diagnosed me a few months ago. I hate it, I'm up until at least two every night, and I constantly have huge bags under my eyes.

My doctor gave me sleeping pills (which don't work), and told me to relax my muscles before I go to sleep, because they're too tense.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Yes, i am awake 'till like 3 every night, but i have never had bangs under my eyes.
Quote by Gunpowder
Yes.

My doctor actually diagnosed me a few months ago. I hate it, I'm up until at least two every night, and I constantly have huge bags under my eyes.

My doctor gave me sleeping pills (which don't work), and told me to relax my muscles before I go to sleep, because they're too tense.

Thats exactly what my doctor says....but my muscles arn't tense at all.....

So I jsut sit there with nothing to do

Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
i've got a minor case of insomnia... just work out before bed... that normally does it for me.

normally the reason why people have insomnia is b'c thier brain wont shut down and you keep thinking things when you should be sleeping.

when this happens to me i just picture a white wall and try not to think of anything associated with a word

it helps
myspace.com/nivek88

~I will eventually troll the forum that your obsessed with~
Quote by oZone_TNS
I'm usually up until 5 every morning. It kinda sucks.

See, the thing is, I'm up till around 3 in the morning, and I have school at 5...
like i said to the other guy who posted about sleeping problems.

touch yourself and think of me.

it really is the only way.
Quote by zonko_zulio

I took your advice last time you psoted it.

It still doesn't work without a picture of you
posted bout this bout a week ago,i'm up till 6-8 every morning
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Quote by zonko_zulio

Tried it.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by oZone_TNS
I'm usually up until 5 every morning. It kinda sucks.

+1. I start work at 3pm tho.
Quote by roger88
posted bout this bout a week ago,i'm up till 6-8 every morning

do you ever start laughing around 7/8 when you get so tired you laugh
Easing muscles is a great way of getting to sleep earlier, the problem is you can't really give yourself a massage at 3am every night.
listen to a little Album Leaf. awesome chill stuff
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
it takes me about 1 and a half to 2 hours to fall asleep at night...sometimes i just pop out my gameboy and play pokemons!!! it works out for me..i fall asleep at like 1, wake up at 6, go to school, come home sleep, do homework, repeat. my grades are actually better this way...insomnia just started this year and i have all A's&B's last year i was straight C's

although i did go to a tight ass private school last year sooo...maybe that's whats going on
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
See, the thing is, I'm up till around 3 in the morning, and I have school at 5...

WHAT?! thats insane... school at 5 in the morning??
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by bobby_splax
it takes me about 1 and a half to 2 hours to fall asleep at night...sometimes i just pop out my gameboy and play pokemons!!! it works out for me..i fall asleep at like 1, wake up at 6, go to school, come home sleep, do homework, repeat. my grades are actually better this way...insomnia just started this year and i have all A's&B's last year i was straight C's

although i did go to a tight ass private school last year sooo...maybe that's whats going on

I have band basically every day of the week so I get home around 6, eat dinner, do homework, then begin couch cycle
I can't sleep like, ever. About once a week I lay in bed awake for 6 or 7 hours until I have to wake up for school and don't get any sleep. I have the worst bags under my eyes, I always remember my math teacher in 6th grade was like "You have really bad bags under your eyes (no ****!)... do you do crack?"
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Find something to do, most people with insomnia dont use enough energy during the day so their bodies dont tire as quickly. I get insomnia during the summer because i dont go to school and dont think about anything nearly as much. Keeping busy worked for me, might work for you. My insomnia was different though, i would be up until about 1-3 AM and then when i would finally go to bed, i didnt fall asleep i just kind of layed there in a trance. I wasn't asleep but i wasn't awake, i didnt get any REM sleep.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
My father has insomnia.
Funny story-
He grew up in Nicaragua during the civil war, and when he tried to escape from the country, he was caught by Sandanistas and locked in a jail cell for 2 months with all sorts of creepy ****ing bugs and stuff, and he didn't sleep for most of the time. He's had insomnia on-and-off ever since.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
My father has insomnia.
Funny story-
He grew up in Nicaragua during the civil war, and when he tried to escape from the country, he was caught by Sandanistas and locked in a jail cell for 2 months with all sorts of creepy ****ing bugs and stuff, and he didn't sleep for most of the time. He's had insomnia on-and-off ever since.

That sure is funny
i had insomnia, i literally did not sleep at all for entire nights and it would really screw with my head. but i went to the doctor and started taking pills, i dont think they worked because i took the full dosage and still lay awake till 7 the next morning and then got out of bed lol
but i think they acted as a placebo and after the first time (which didnt work) i fell asleep every night and the only problem ive had since was the first few nights i stopped taking the pills.

i think its important to go to sleep when you feel tired no matter what the time is. i would find that because i lost sleep and then didnt do anything the next day, as a result i would stay awake in order to do something meaningful, but that just made things worse...

thats my 2c hope it helps
Yup.

Not really insomnia though. It just takes me hours to go to sleep. If I go to bed at eight, I'll be asleep at like 12.

I just take a nice bit of catnip. It's yummy, warms you up, and makes you kinda heavy.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
my brain never shuts off when it's supposed to...i'm always thinking of things that happened or thinking of what i should do tomarrow...or funny things on the pit so i'm laying down in my bed at 12:00 laughing...if anyone heard me they'd probably call a mental institution.

what works for me is you think of those really deep questions you know? the ones like, "if a tree falls in the middle of the woods and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

it only works sometimes though because sometimes it makes my mind go blank, other times it makes me change the subject so i go off on a tangent in the middle of my brain for another 2 hours...and it has to be a new question every night so it only works...so often
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
i'd go to a doctor but i cant afford it,plus i wont take medicine.... I started running two miles everynight at like 2am and just doing more stuff during the day,it doesnt help me sleep at all but at least im burning some more calories
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

i had it really bad during the summer but as soon as school started i was tired at like 9:30, but if i fight it, ill fall asleep whenever i want
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I used to be a pretty bad insomniac. Then I stopped randomly.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by bobby_splax

what works for me is you think of those really deep questions you know? the ones like, "if a tree falls in the middle of the woods and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

what if it lands on a beaver or something? myth BUSTED
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
my brain never shuts off when it's supposed to...i'm always thinking of things that happened or thinking of what i should do tomarrow

I'm the same way it contributes alot to my none sleeping...but when i do fall asleep i dream about what/who i was thinkin about and i'll wake-up 4 times or so b4 I'm officially woken up
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

I'm in the exact sam situation as the threadstarter but I can't do any of that stuff without waking people up, so I usually just listen to my ipod
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
thank you crossback7, i was thinking of doing that when i saw "they say you can possibly die from it"

a-hole
Well, I know why I stay up late when I can't get to sleep.

I usually fast on the weekends and don't eat any carbohydrates, only eat meat, vegetables, and drink milk/water. I usually run every day. When I lay down at night, I'm so tired I fall asleep almost instantly. I usually go to bed around 9:30.

During the week, though, since I eat school food that has carbs in it, I eat whatever I want, and I can never sleep at night. If I have a sandwich around 6:00-7:00, I can't sleep till 11:30 or 12. I just lay in bed listening to my mp3 player.

I think it has to do with my blood sugar. Humans have evolved to stop eating at night, and cool down and sleep. I've tried to stop eating past 6:00 so I can sleep better.