Im about to have a lot of free time starting in about 2 weeks(footballs over ) so im gonna dedicatea lot of that time to practicing electric guitar.

ive been playing for about a year, but i spend most of my time on acoustic, and just doing basic strumming patterns and argeppio riffs.

what are some techniques and scales i should learn on electric? also, what are some good songs i should learn to practice these scales?

it would be best if you could write me a practice routine for all of this , hopefully taking up around 2 hours

if you do, i will love you forever
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
15 minutes of Elmore James and Willie Dixon.
15 minutes of Led Zeppelin
15 minutes of Black Sabbath
14 minutes of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.
1 minute to take it all in.

60 minutes of trying to imitate all that by any means necessary.

I use it and I find if I don't listen a little I actually don't play as well.

So in conclusion, listen to your favorite bands and then play while you try to imitate them.
For scales, of course, learn the pentatonics (minor and major.) I don't know about songs. Just listen to music and you'll probably eventually be inspired to look up the tabs to a certain song. Remember to relax your whole arm, up to your shoulder, and really your whole body. Stretch you tendons, and stay relaxed. Practice straight for long periods, without stopping. Noodle around. You'll eventually get a feel for scales and harmony. 2 hours a day is great, by the way, especially if you're just starting to really get into it. Don't be turned off by the complexity of music theory. It'll come, eventually. Just remember that skill is directly correlated to practice, and you'll get a feel for the stuff in time.
Oh, as for routine, that's really up to you. Jam with the radio or a cd, (after you've gotten the feel of harmony,) practice stuff out of books, play "stream of consciousness." This is in addition to just sitting and practicing, of course. And remember to use a metronome. Get one, or use the one at metronomeonline.com. Thank God for metronomeonline.com.
Quote by zepledfan413
15 minutes of Elmore James and Willie Dixon.
15 minutes of Led Zeppelin
15 minutes of Black Sabbath
14 minutes of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.
1 minute to take it all in.

60 minutes of trying to imitate all that by any means necessary.

I use it and I find if I don't listen a little I actually don't play as well.

So in conclusion, listen to your favorite bands and then play while you try to imitate them.

Actually pretty bad advice.
Why don't simply practice techniques, learn theory and learn new songs!
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone enjoy doing those br00tal practice routines? It just seems so tedious and boring, scales to a metronome and chromatic runs, I lost concentration and started playing randomly after 1 minute. Anyone have similar experience and hates practising like that?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone enjoy doing those br00tal practice routines? It just seems so tedious and boring, scales to a metronome and chromatic runs, I lost concentration and started playing randomly after 1 minute. Anyone have similar experience and hates practising like that?

I.
Simply boooringg.
Guess I'm lazy. I learn new techniques when I'm learning song that needs them.
I don't want to shred to impress someone when I don't even listen to it.
Quote by Johnljones7443

happy new yeeae guyas.
yeah, no one really gave me what i was looking for.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
yeah, no one really gave me what i was looking for.

Go to the Advanced Techniques subforum or Shred subforum and ask there.
Quote by Johnljones7443

happy new yeeae guyas.