Page 1 of 2
Do you think we (humans) really here or is life a dream?
Last edited by Hellhammerz at Oct 23, 2007,
We'll see when this thread gets closed.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
who knows...i always think that maybe i'm in a kind of sleep and people are programming my brain. then i always think i'm crazy

have you ever been somewhere and you meet someone but there exactly like someone you used to know?
or have you ever sworn that you saw something but something else happened?
have you ever noticed kind of "glitches" in the "natural world"

and by the way, no i have never seen the matrix...people always ask and i probably should give it a rent.
but after i think about it, i cuss myself out on being crazy and then i wonder if i have some kind of bi-polar dissorder or an alter ego. (who might i add is way cooler and better than who i am now. he's also kind of a douche) sometimes i switch off between the two but i'd best stop drifting off topic

i guess we'll find out when we die...and if not, eh...whatever
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
if lifes a dream what is it when you dream in your dream? so when we sleep are we a dream within a dream! now thats deep
Quote by mray
if lifes a dream what is it when you dream in your dream? so when we sleep are we a dream within a dream! now thats deep

ah to sleep to dream or to dream to sleep..the eternal question

zzz
Quote by iceman_8319

You sir are correct.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
I think, therefore I am.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
Yeah.. i totally kno what u mean yeh...

i could do with some white castle right now...
if i was dreamin id be doing all them in the pussycat dolls instead of on here at 3 in the morning
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Ahaha. Reminds me of Plato...Greek philosopher...student of Socrates...mentor of Aristotle...right, enough nerd crap.

He thought that everything we see is basically an illusion, a figment of our imagination, and that things are there, like walls, etc. because we know they should be there.

That's a load of crap. xD If my mind made the wall be there, I would make my house a helluva lot bigger.
ugh...white castle god damn i'm hungry man...

sometimes i think life is kinda like the story line to Coheed and Cambria...
we're just some subconcious of some dude or the story line to some story some guys is writing in some alternate dimension.
or it'd be cool if we could go between each alternate dimension. sometimes i think there are parallel universes and there's one for every decision we made, i would totally off myself in one or two of those and take my own place...like that one jet li movie the one
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by PatDaniels
Ahaha. Reminds me of Plato...Greek philosopher...student of Socrates...right, enough nerd crap.

He thought that everything we see is basically an illusion, a figment of our imagination, and that things are there, like walls, etc. because we know they should be there.

That's a load of crap. xD If my mind made the wall be there, I would make my house a helluva lot bigger.

but your mind has to contend with the other 6 billion people on the planet, social and economic structure etc.
a lot of times I think "what if I'm the only real human and everyone else is just helping me reach a greater goal?"

its kinda intriguing (sp?) but obviously not true.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
if lifes a dream, then why are you dreaming about me perv?!?!
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
I think it can be argued and defined either way, and therefore is neither one nor the other, but both, and, ultimately, is not of importance.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Hellhammerz
but your mind has to contend with the other 6 billion people on the planet, social and economic structure etc.

So? But, did all the people say, or think, that there had to be a fire in California and then it suddenly was there? I don't think soo. Because I'm pretty sure I never thought that.
Quote by bobby_splax
ugh...white castle god damn i'm hungry man...

sometimes i think life is kinda like the story line to Coheed and Cambria...
we're just some subconcious of some dude or the story line to some story some guys is writing in some alternate dimension.
or it'd be cool if we could go between each alternate dimension. sometimes i think there are parallel universes and there's one for every decision we made, i would totally off myself in one or two of those and take my own place...like that one jet li movie the one

speakin of coheed... NEW CD OUT TODAY!!!
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Quote by PatDaniels
So? But, did all the people say, or think, that there had to be a fire in California and then it suddenly was there? I don't think soo. Because I'm pretty sure I never thought that.

the earth could exist and we may not..
Sometimes, I'll be sitting, or like just doing something.
And I'll like get these flashes where everythings blank,
and it lasts like 0.1 seconds, and then It feels like im waking up, yet im standing in the same place, and doing the same thing.

it's weird.
Maybe life is a dream, and dreams are life! Think about it!!!1
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Pleasure2kill

You're smart

Too smart
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
According to Descartes, it is possible to prove that you yourself exist, as you are thinking, and whatever we doubt exists due to only knowing of them by sensory perception, the fact that you are producing thought processes means that you at least must exist in some form.

However, I cannot know that you exist just because you say that "you think, therefore you are", as I can only perceive you by sensory perception.

If you think about it, you never actually see anything you think you are seeing anyway, just the light that is reflected off them. And that light might actually convey a distorted image of the object. And your eyes and brain might not interpret the light accurately.
this is a horrible question, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Actually no, youre an idiot.
Quote by Pleasure2kill

*sigs for no reason*
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by blue_strat
^ I'm doing a philosophy and ethics A Level - I find it interesting .

well as a reference to your sig.

to believe that life is a dream IS WAY THE **** worst then believing in god.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Quote by Dreadnought
I think it can be argued and defined either way, and therefore is neither one nor the other, but both, and, ultimately, is not of importance.

Well, I was just about to say "Does it matter?" but now I've been beaten
Quote by mathieupM13
You're smart

Too smart

You're with the Government aren't you??
I'm getting the hell out of here!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by remember
well as a reference to your sig.

to believe that life is a dream IS WAY THE **** worst then believing in god.

Not necessarily. Many atheists take comfort in knowing that there is no God or afterlife, as they have nothing to fear about death, except that it is the end of their life. Because of this, many atheists try to live life to the full, instead of worrying what happens after you die. I'm not saying that all atheists believe that life is a dream, but if you assume that life has no point or meaning, it wouldn't make much difference if it was.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
You're with the Government aren't you??
I'm getting the hell out of here!

don't insult me
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Quote by blue_strat
Not necessarily. Many atheists take comfort in knowing that there is no God or afterlife, as they have nothing to fear about death, except that it is the end of their life. Because of this, many atheists try to live life to the full, instead of worrying what happens after you die. I'm not saying that all atheists believe that life is a dream, but if you assume that life has no point or meaning, it wouldn't make much difference if it was.

ok? we're not discussing whether it makes a difference if its a dream or not, we're discussing if it is a dream or not.

its not.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Quote by remember
ok? we're not discussing whether it makes a difference if its a dream or not, we're discussing if it is a dream or not.

its not.

People tend not to take a topic seriously if they don't think it makes a difference to anything.
Page 1 of 2