Congrats, my friend.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
hahahaha how are your ears?? lol when my friend was with his band and they were practising his power tube went pop and after i heard this loud ringing for like 2 days......i cant hear as well anymore but just like the littlest bit lol i got tested they said it wasnt anything to worry about
Quote by Say Ocean
In my Classic 30, and my Triple Recto needs a complete set of new tubes.

Ahh, the things we do for tube amps...

That is all

Triple recto...ouch 6 power tubes...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
preamp tubes too?

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
But will never give you the same sound.

you dont know what im workin' with here bro. trust me.
but youre right, they wont give me the same sound, theyre totally unique.
Quote by TehJermie
you dont know what im workin' with here bro. trust me.
but youre right, they wont give me the same sound, theyre totally unique.

Roland Jazz Chorus? Randall V2? Vetta II?? Rocktron Prophesy?

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Roland Jazz Chorus? Randall V2? Vetta II?? Rocktron Prophesy?

*e-yawn* the JC is just the tip of the cliched iceberg my friend. theres a whole world out there totally invisible to the eye of the tube snob.
yep. i can't see it. cuz i have two tube amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by TehJermie
*e-yawn* the JC is just the tip of the cliched iceberg my friend. theres a whole world out there totally invisible to the eye of the tube snob.

Most people still forget to mention it.

I should probably include the POD in my previous statement as well.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by ECistheBest
yep. i can't see it. cuz i have two tube amps.

i have more than 2 tube amps.
i just stopped being a lemming, and i got some great shit because of it. kind of when you first learn that MTV isnt the only place to get your music from

Quote by MESAexplorer
Most people still forget to mention it.

I should probably include the POD in my previous statement as well.

meh, im pretty sure the POD and vettas are 'technically' hybrid as the preamps are digital rather than opamp/transistor based and the power amps are solid states. thats just being anal though.
Quote by forsaknazrael
totally off topic....Alchemy Index? By Thrice? You like?

like? i love. fire was insane, and the song structures on water were just incredible. i need air and earth now.
ya i heard about those fires thank god i live in alberta canada beucase i would be screwed this summer
lulz. i live like... right in middle of all the fire haha. but im safe here. i think...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by TehJermie
i have more than 2 tube amps.
i just stopped being a lemming, and i got some great shit because of it. kind of when you first learn that MTV isnt the only place to get your music from

So what kind of stuff are you talking about exactly? I don't really know much about good solid state amps.
Quote by Say Ocean
Yeah, but those aren't as bad to replace.

really? my preamp tubes are worth a pair of powertubes for each preamp tube... 15 per preamp tube. 16 per matched pair of powertubes...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by gibsonpenguin
So what kind of stuff are you talking about exactly? I don't really know much about good solid state amps.

i dont really want to get into specifics right here. not pulling a fast one, but its just the way i am. the "josh homme" type who doesnt open his mouth. a few of them are pretty rare numbers my friend, took a bit of a search. but well worth it mind you. but a lot of good SS stuff is right in front of you already, you just have to open your eyes.

word to the wise. all that horse manuere you heard about solid state amps not being able to do a warm crunch sound, is just that, horse shit

ill say this, when you see that weird looking dusty ass amp in the corner of GC and you make an effort to play it, but look in the back and start to walk away because there's no tubes back there. just play it.

oh, and dont play them through shitty speakers/cabs. you wouldnt do that with your orange would you?. i think thats why a lot of solid state amps get an overly hard time. people seem to think playing their plexi through the 4x12 green back loaded 1960 vs the crate with the cardboard cab with speakers made by chinese babies is a fair comparison. "omg man, the crate fukking sux." treat em' like any other amp.

/rant !
Quote by forsaknazrael
35 for a matched pair of KT77's...

^Wait, why do you need to replace ALL the Mesa's tubes?

Probably not the recitifier tubes, but the other ones definately need it. Soooo old they sound like **** right now. They are probably as old as I am. Eh well thats what I get for buying used.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah man. My friend's dad has a Fender Twin Reverb with the stock preamp tubes. Still works perfectly.

Well, mine don't, and like I said, they aren't the ones I want any way.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah man. My friend's dad has a Fender Twin Reverb with the stock preamp tubes. Still works perfectly.

thats cuz its a twin reverb. you don't drive it so hard like the preamp tubes on my BJ. always volume at 12.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard