just looking at amps, saw a marshall avt50h head. and wanted your guys opinion.
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
I'll sum up the posts that are to come:

Don't get it, it's a piece of crap, go for a nice tube combo, maybe a Crate Palomino V8 if you're on a budget.

Or an Epiphone Valve Junior.
Ben
Quote by muffinman123192

Don't get it, it's a piece of crap, go for a nice tube combo, maybe a Crate Palomino V8 if you're on a budget.

Or an Epiphone Valve Junior.

lawl

Its not, say, HORRIBLE, it just kinda sucks and better can be had for that price.
Well, yeah, when we refer to horrible, we mean that it's a ripoff and you could be getting a nicer amp instead of pissing away all that money on a bad deal.
Ben
ITZ T3H BR00T4LZ!!! G3T ITZ RITE N0WZZZZ!!!

get a crate palomino V16 or something man.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I actually use a AVT100 stack in my band, due to having no amp.

And weirdly enough I used it instead of my mesa untill I sold the mesa because it gave me the tone I wanted. Thick, lots of gain yes still holding clarity. (Saying that its going the minute I get my amp)

Maybe if they didnt charge as much it wouldnt be so bad.

I think people who say its crap are jumping on the boat from just what they hear. but yeah.

whats your price limit?
it's basically an mg with effects and a lot of squishy buttons. and thus waaaay overpriced.
^ It sounds wayyy nicer then an MG. It's just a decent mid-level solid-state... priced like a decent tube amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
it's only 750 used with a cab
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Quote by muffinman123192

Quote by ECistheBest
ITZ T3H BR00T4LZ!!! G3T ITZ RITE N0WZZZZ!!!

get a crate palomino V16 or something man.

I lawled
^ There's some nice budget tube amps. To the OP, look at the Peavey Windsor, it's similar in sound to a JCM-800.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by FRDesign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhrNc3ILHyo

It sounds better than an MG, but it costs as much as a NICE tube amp, so it really isn't a good deal

i wouldn't say that sounds much better than an mg. a bit. but not enough to justify paying for it. one of my really good friends has one and...it's gross. i've fiddled with it every time i went over to his apartment and have found nothing remotely worthwhile.
Quote by STABxYOU
^ There's some nice budget tube amps. To the OP, look at the Peavey Windsor, it's similar in sound to a JCM-800.

I personaly like the windsor more then the 800, thats probably my favorite amp right now for the price/quality. Everything cuts so well and the crunch is just fantastic!! It's got a bit more grit then the old 800's do and thats what I really like about it.
I heard a band playing with a AVT275 at the recent battle of the Bands. There's absolutely no clarity at all. It's just big with lots of knobs. No definiton to the gain, it's just a horrible buzz. Chords go to mush. You can hear leads but they aren't pleasant. It's a craphole, full stop.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If you know how to use it, you can make it sounds very nice. Most of the people on here just think 'Solid state, its ****'. Yeah, you can do a lot better for the price, but its not a terrible amp. My opinion - get something better. Tube would be good.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by climhazzard
it's basically an mg with effects and a lot of squishy buttons. and thus waaaay overpriced.

and with a valve pre-amp, so the pre-amp drive is less... "crushing".
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
AVTs are nice practice and travel amps, I wouldn't get the head version though, that seems like a waste.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by rose_of_sharyn
get a jcm, there awesome
your gettin stitched at that price mate

Depends which one.

They're better, but they do different things...
Quote by JesseWyllychuk
it's only 750 used with a cab

thats only if u get a stack. If you rly wanted it, you should get a smaller version combo of it. I've never played it, so i'm not rly recommending it, but if its as good as False God says, then thats wat u should do - smaller wattage. but u should defintely at least look at ALOT of other amps, as alot of ppl said, there are alot of good tube amps for 750 dollars.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
apparently some people like them, I hated my AVT100 for metal, I didn't like the gain voicing, and I thought it was muddy and undefined. Didn't like the fx, and didn't care much for the clean. I've heard one doing classic rock that I thought sounded good, but I hated it for anything I play. To each their own though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids