hey my guitar has a Floyd a rose and i set up to be at D standard tuning. but if i detune the 6th string to C do i can have drop c, but don't adjust the springs will that throw off the tension of my bridge or will it just not stay in tune for long? im basically asking if its okay to just detune one string without having to adjust the spring tension.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
yes.
it's better if you detune it with the fine tuner though.
like, tune them all to D standard with the low D's fine tuner screw close to being fully tightened, and in great tuning, then untwist the screw until it's in C.

don't know why you want to do that, but okay.....
ya dont do CADGBE do CGCFAD because thats the real drop C tuning and theres a wiki article on drop tuning you should read it, i learn some new stuff about metallica and how noobie they were..........dont flame search it and you will get my point
Quote by convictionless
ya dont do CADGBE do CGCFAD because thats the real drop C tuning and theres a wiki article on drop tuning you should read it, i learn some new stuff about metallica and how noobie they were..........dont flame search it and you will get my point

can you send me the link to that?
Quote by convictionless

Quote by kazra90
hey my guitar has a Floyd a rose and i set up to be at D standard tuning.

...Reading is a useful tool.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed