Howdy. So, recently I've hearing horror stories that dear Comcast has been throttling bittorent traffic. I have also caught whiffs of it just being a cruddy ISP now, with different instances. I've also experienced some sub-par customer service.

Point being; I currently have Comcast Digital Cable. I dont believe my torrents are being throttled; YET. My mom has previously asked me about switching. I at first said i didn't care. But the alternative would most definitely be Fios. I am 99% sure it is available in my area, so thats NBD. SO I wish to ask my fellow UG'ers:::

• Do you have Comcast and Dislike it?
  • Planning to switch ISP's?
  • Is Comcast throttling DOWN speeds as well as UP speeds?
  • Fios? Is is better torrent wise? Better all around?
  • Is it much faster than Cable?
  • DO YOU WANT IT?

BTW I'm in New Jersey; if It matters.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
my comcast service sucks. it's out at least once a week for entire days at a time for "upgrades"
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Comcast sucks the modems they give you overheat. I would switch but my dad likes getting Howard Stern on the digital cable.
My internet is nice but phone service is horrible....we ended up switching from Verison to Comcast and they canceled the date for our phone to be replaced. so my mom called the place and said for them to just not bother. they then took our number some how and have it in their system and can't get it back so now we have no house phone number....pretty gay ehh. btw this happened tonight...
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
My mom has had Comcast for years, and it's sucked for years.
Service has always been balls, they are constantly down, and whenever you have a problem they simply say "Reset it. That didn't work? Unplug it for a while, then call back."
By the time you call back since it doesn't work, they're closed or too busy.
I'm in Michigan and am looking for a cable/ISP myself.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Except for being down for a day once and a while, I've never had any speed problems with Comcast. I just have the internet, not the TV or phone. For TV, I have DIRECTV, and for phone, some other service. I have a plasma TV with DIRECTV HD and I think it's way better than Comcast's TV anyway.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3