Hey UGers, just finished mixing this song about 20 minutes ago. I'm calling it stegosaurus because I think it sounds kind of dinosaur jrish. I wrote and played all the instruments. Sorry about the terrible singing.

its on my profile. Top song on the music player.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/civildp1/

all criticism welcome, leave a link to your thread and I'll return the favor.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I like the composition as a whole. All the instruments fit together nice. The solo was neat it just struck me as out of tune or something when it first started but that feeling passed quickly lol. I guess it just caught me off guard or something which is a good thing in my book when it comes to music.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
It's a catchy tune, but the main riff is very generic. I've heard it in probably about 1000 other songs. As well as the chorus; It isn't all that original but if it's what you're going for then cool.

I agree with you on the singing, it isn't that good. But it can definitely be improved if you work on it. What I have done that I found effective was play a chord on my guitar and try to match the pitch with my voice. I've also done that playing through scales.

Keep practicing.
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.