Ok, new amp time!

After stocking up on some great guitars I need a great amp to accompany it.

Basicly I need a amp that can give me a nice modern rock gain like Foo fighters/Feeder (Not too much gain but nice full sound) and that can also give me a Metalcore/death metal sound like Killswitch/Chimara/Inflames.(Nice amount of gain with clarity and bass)

I will get to try out the mesa's next week, and hopefully Engl.

But till then I want to hear your opinions on the amps!
Marshall MG stack. It's brutalz.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Framus Cobra

they are amazing (and im not just saying that because of my endorsement)
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
^Nah too exp.

Little note. 1200e is the most. The F-50 is 900 and Recto is 1100

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Marshall MG stack. It's brutalz.

thats way too much of teh br00taLzzzz
What's wrong with the Mesa Pre/Power combo you got going on?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Injury to the power amp (Which was a sack of ****) so I couldnt use it.

Like I still have them. And Im gonna get the power amp fixed. So I might give it another go!
blackmore maybe?

rectoverb isn't bad, but liable to be very dear if you can't get a good deal second hand.

genz benz might be worth a try? laney too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by False_God
Injury to the power amp (Which was a sack of ****) so I couldnt use it.

Like I still have them. And Im gonna get the power amp fixed. So I might give it another go!

wow, I thought the 2:90 was a tank, what happend to it? Did it come damaged, or did it break down on you?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I did too.

Well on the way to a gig we encountered a little tap with another car.
So when we went to check the stuff out back I noticed a knob was broken off! (luckily didnt have to replace the pot)
and then I noticed the fuse socket in front came off (Broke off really but I didnt noticed straight away) So I went to put it back in and it wouldnt stay. The hooks inside snapped off. So I can either glue it into place or.... TRY and find a new fuse reciever!
I'd say probably the Fireball or the Rectoverb. I can get some pretty br00tal tones out of my rectoverb when pushing it with my TS-9 but it also has fantastic cleans and really nice light OD and crunch. The Fireball would have better distortion without an OD but the cleans wouldn't be as good as the rectoverb (still great though).

Rectoverb = Good at everything
Fireball = Teh Br00talz and nice cleans
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Ouch, that sucks, I take it your rack case didn't have a cover? Have you tried contacting Mesa about it? They are usually pretty good about customer support. Maybe then can send you a new fuse receiver if you pay for shipping or something, I can't imagine it would be an expensive part.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'd say Fireball. But if you can, get a Matamp. Those are great. ^^
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Erock503
Ouch, that sucks, I take it your rack case didn't have a cover? Have you tried contacting Mesa about it? They are usually pretty good about customer support. Maybe then can send you a new fuse receiver if you pay for shipping or something, I can't imagine it would be an expensive part.

Nope.

I went on to the website, they dont have a damn email? (Well none I could see) and I cant ring because it would cost a small fortune
Yea the blackmore is one I was looking at.

Im gonna email mesa. Try an sort out something and see how things go!
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
Like Dave_Mc said, try out an ENGL Blackmore. The Fireball isn't for you, great cleans and crushing distortion but nothing in between.

but obviously if you can get your mesa sorted out, that's the best option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

but obviously if you can get your mesa sorted out, that's the best option.

Yeah I agree!

Im gonna take her for another test drive and drive this bitch to ****! haha!!
Just wondering, what is the tonal diffrence between the powerball and the fireball? I've played the powerball and I liked it, particulary the huge bass response, but it was a bit too smooth for my liking (and not to mention expensive :P). I've heard that the fireball is a bit rawer sounding, true?

(and don't bother suggesting me any amps, I'm merely curious :P)
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
(Soon to be gone) Peavey Bandit 112
Soldano Hot Rod 50+ (1993)
Framus 212 (V30's)
Quote by Revrend.
Just wondering, what is the tonal diffrence between the powerball and the fireball? I've played the powerball and I liked it, particulary the huge bass response, but it was a bit too smooth for my liking (and not to mention expensive :P). I've heard that the fireball is a bit rawer sounding, true?

(and don't bother suggesting me any amps, I'm merely curious :P)

Powerball is more versatile, however it sounds very compressed to me. Two very different beasts though and it's hard to describe in what ways they are(for me anyway). Try them out side by side