Page 1 of 3
There's this friend of mine who drank 5 full cans of Monster energy drink in about half an hour. He started having chest pains and left school to go to the doctor. When he got there, the doctor checked his pulse. He asked my friend if he was on speed/meth/something, and my friend said he had just drank 5 monster's. The doctor ran and gave him a shot of something, and then his chest pains went away.

Lesson here: dont drink too many energy drinks at once.
Quote by vivalasoad883
duh?

theres only a warning on the can anyway

on the 16ozers "limit to 3 cans a a day"

on the 24's its 2 cans a day.

You are right
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
uhm
how about
dont be a dumbass and only drink them once in a while
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
That's why I don't drink 5 monsters. Did you smack your friend in the face and say "don't be such a dumbass."?
I don't understand why anyone drinks those... My best friend does and I frequently tell him how stupid he is for doing it. He drinks red bull which is like over 2 bucks for a tiny can, it tastes ****ty and any energy gain you might get out of it doesn't outweigh how bad it is for you in the long run. I don't drink coffee, I rarely even drink soda. There's no reason to.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
There's no reason to.

"Theres no reason for me to" would be a better choice of words. Everyone else needs to wake up in the morning with their coffee.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Monsters will **** you up

I drank like 7 Redbulls at a concert once, and I felt fine, but one Monster and my stomach feels sick
No ****!

Caffeine's dangerous, too. Just because it's legal and readily available to all it doesn't mean it's not dangerous in large doses.
Quote by stringmagician
Monsters will **** you up

I drank like 7 Redbulls at a concert once, and I felt fine, but one Monster and my stomach feels sick

Monsters in Illinois, awesome
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
I don't drink them often and if I do its just for the taste. Strangely I like how they taste, now if they would just make one that wasn't bad for you.
Quote by Schneiderman
I don't understand why anyone drinks those... My best friend does and I frequently tell him how stupid he is for doing it. He drinks red bull which is like over 2 bucks for a tiny can, it tastes ****ty and any energy gain you might get out of it doesn't outweigh how bad it is for you in the long run. I don't drink coffee, I rarely even drink soda. There's no reason to.

What complications do you think there are in the long run?

Its a fairly new product the energy drink, like maybe less than 10 years, there would be no proof of any long term effects..

thats to my knowledge anyways
I love monsters, they have this awesome sour taste that you cant get from drinking regular pop. Its a shame that they're so bad for you but you only live once. But friends don't let friends drink 5 of them ya asshole.
Monsters are disgusting. Tell your friend that if he wanted to try to OD on energy drinks, he should have done it with some Full Throttles.

I only drink energy drinks if I'm staying up late/all night, and even then I only have one.
Quote by gunsnroses89
Why are they so bad for you in the long run? They seem just like soda to me... I mean I don't drink five in a day ever... That's just stupid.
They aren't, really.

All it does is load your body full of caffeine (and the content is higher than the approved FDA level for soda... remember, these are labelled as 'energy drinks').

As we all know, excess caffeine can lead to insomnia, stomach problems, heart arrhythmias, addiction, etc. And let's face it... most of the population is addicted to caffeine anyways.
This is why weed should be legal. So stupid teenagers can stop messing around with drugs that will **** them up, and stick to something natural instead
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
This is why weed should be legal. So stupid teenagers can stop messing around with drugs that will **** them up, and stick to something natural instead

A lot of the caffeine that comes out of these comes from guarana. Natural caffeine
Quote by Inimical
A lot of the caffeine that comes out of these comes from guarana. Natural caffeine

and then there are other ingredients which the fda hasnt even calculated proper serving sizes for.
We bet my friend money to chug 2 monsters, but the second was orange flavored. He threw up orange mushy nasty ****. It was ****in hilarious.

He didn't get any money either cause he didn't technically completely finish either
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
and then there are other ingredients which the fda hasnt even calculated proper serving sizes for.

Yeah, but I'm just saying that natural =/= good
Lol, who needs that amount of energy for their everyday life? Or was he just being stupid?
Quote by Inimical
Yeah, but I'm just saying that natural =/= good

+1. Reminds me of some guy I saw on T.V. who talked about how natural isn't necessarily good. Saying, a pack of wolves is natural. And **** like that.
Quote by gunsnroses89
Why are they so bad for you in the long run? They seem just like soda to me... I mean I don't drink five in a day ever... That's just stupid.

They don't really have any different long term effects than coffee. If you have a pot of coffee everyday, you're in for the same lot. Not saying that caffeine addiction isn't bad, but people just like to sensationalize new products that might have some negative consequences.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Weed isn't good, Monster isn't good. Marijuana will never be legalized. Not because of health effects. But Tobbacco company will lose millions if not billions think about it.
Quote by Inimical
No ****!

Caffeine's dangerous, too. Just because it's legal and readily available to all it doesn't mean it's not dangerous in large doses.

Anything is dangerous in the right amount.
yeah, energy drinks are just a way of getting high legally. Coffee has kept people awake for hundreds of years. Saying that you need 300mg of caffeine to stay awake is just not acceptable. If you truly cannot stay awake without excessively large doses of caffeine, you have a serious addiction that should be treated.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Just like any soda. Kidney stones, liver complications, heart palpatations, the occasional caffine overdose *cough*, etc. You don't need the specific drink to be long term to know there will be short and/or long term effects.
I made a deal to give them up for a month . They're so good and they don't really have any more caffiene than a couple cups of coffee or soda and i'm not addicted but i'm giving them up to prove I can. No Fear is the best
Honeybiscuit is here.
Quote by EVH_iS_g0d
Anything is dangerous in the right amount.
yeah, energy drinks are just a way of getting high legally. Coffee has kept people awake for hundreds of years. Saying that you need 300mg of caffeine to stay awake is just not acceptable. If you truly cannot stay awake without excessively large doses of caffeine, you have a serious addiction that should be treated.

What point are you trying to make? Ounce-for-once, most energy drinks have the same amount of caffeine as coffee. It's not really an "excessively large dose of caffeine", or at least compared to coffee, which you mentioned.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Anybody ever try the energy drink Spike?

That stuff is crazy!

I was an idiot and tried one a couple weeks ago, just to see how it was like. I don't drink energy drinks, and you are not supposed to have a full can for your first time or something but I decided to have it all. My heart rate jumped up, started getting chest pains, and had to go home.

That stuff is just crazy, or I am just a pansy
Page 1 of 3