Page 1 of 2
do you think that these are bad grades?
US History - A
French - A
Film - A
Algebra 2 - C
English - D
Chemistry - D

my mom just told me these are really bad grades i mean wtf? better than last years .its an improvement but she overreacts too much calling Ds Fs and Cs Ds

anyone else got parents like these? and post your grades if you want
Same here. Next time, get home early and check the mail before they do.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Yes, they're bad, to be honest.

To me, atleast, even Bs are unacceptable (in Canada, however, 80% and up is an A). With the marking difference in mind, Cs are still pretty bad. Ds are just disgusting.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Yeah she probably didnt like the Ds. And my parents get pissed if I have like a B- or something, you have no idea.
in english and chemisty yes. if you can get A's in your other classes, you should be able to get A's in those.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
You do need to work up those D's and C. But parents really shouldn't get mad, they should use discipline quickly. But mostly take steps to help bring up grades. (I was a straight A/B student By the way.)
lets see i have straight A's except for Alg. 1 i have a D (62) in that class cuz the lady is a fag. every time she blinks she keeps her eyes closed for like 10 seconds!! NO LIE and if you ask for help on any work she begins by asking you what to do... (if I'm asking for help how would i know what to do?) she is so annoying!
I'd be grounded for everything but the very best of your grades.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by TechnicolorBoy

To me, atleast, even Bs are unacceptable (in Canada, however, 80% and up is an A). With the marking difference in mind, Cs are still pretty bad. Ds are just disgusting.

yeah we got it good in canada. I'm aiming for all As this year. a B (70-79) to me would be a bit of a letdown, a C (60-69) dowbright disapointing, and a D (barely pass) completely disgusting.
Yes, I would call those bad. But you're talking to the person who can't live down acing a test that everyone else sucked up.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
The last 3 grades are sub-par. Even though "C" is considered average, the average isn't something to aim for.

I had to learn (a little too late) that the classes one dislikes the most are the ones that need the most attention. In college, for every hour in the classroom, a good student will spend 2 hours working at home. Just something to think about because after High School it's ten times easier to backslide and drop your grades.
Yes Those are bad grades.

Math and logic-based classes are typically my stronger classes.
I'm horrible with languages.

You seem to be the other way around.
But I'm still getting Bs in english and history. I think you should really try a bit harder, unless you feel that school is a waste of time and you just drop out. Other then those classes, I have As
the Ds are which make it look back even if they were C- it wuold look better. so your mom does have reason to be upset. you thinks its all fun in games now but when u get out of school and want to pursue college its gonan be tough to get in. that happend to me and i had to go to my 7th choice school
Dude, D's are ****house. That's a fail. I've never gotten lower than a C ever.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
My mom says it's straight A's for my next report cars or i'm screwed. My dad's a bit less harsh. He just sort of lets me sink or swim. He says its not his problem if i want to be a bum.

My grades from last year in grade eight were:

Math A+
English A
French A
Gym A+
Music A+
Science B-
Tech A-
Visual Arts A+
Quote by dervishguitar
My mom says it's straight A's for my next report cars or i'm screwed. My dad's a bit less harsh. He just sort of lets me sink or swim. He says its not his problem if i want to be a bum.

My grades from last year in grade eight were:

Math A+
English A
French A
Gym A+
Music A+
Science B-
Tech A-
Visual Arts A+

Good Effort!
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by TechnicolorBoy

Well, yeah.. I don't see B's as being unacceptable, but you really have to **** yourself over to get anything lower. Seriously.
US History AP- A
PE - A
Chem H - A+
Algebra 2 - A
Spanish Language AP - B
English AP - B+

GPA - 4.33
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by Schnitzel_Man
Dude, D's are ****house. That's a fail. I've never gotten lower than a C ever.

dont be so ****ing quick to judge, you don't know, he could be in 6.0 and you could be in like 4.0 and your trying to call him stupid?

To be honest, grades are about finding what your teacher wants more than even learning the material. My entire math class is all Ds/Fs because my teacher is grading work and we all had correct answers but forgot to put the words "and" or "or" into our work and got full credit taken off and we all failed the tests miserably for that kind of stupid reason.
Quote by jpgilbert701
US History AP- A
PE - A
Chem H - A+
Algebra 2 - A
Spanish Language AP - B
English AP - B+

GPA - 4.33

we're not here to show off buddy
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by wenwi91
do you think that these are bad grades?
US History - A
French - A
Film - A
Algebra 2 - C
English - D
Chemistry - D

my mom just told me these are really bad grades i mean wtf? better than last years .its an improvement but she overreacts too much calling Ds Fs and Cs Ds

anyone else got parents like these? and post your grades if you want

yea those are bad, but to start just get rid of the D's, even if you still have 3 C's then they will balance out with the A's and you will have a B average. plus having a D or an F just looks bad on a report card. or better yet just try for straight A's lol (although i learned that lesson the hard way, now if i even get one B i get in trouble)
Quote by jpgilbert701
US History AP- A
PE - A
Chem H - A+
Algebra 2 - A
Spanish Language AP - B
English AP - B+

GPA - 4.33

How can you have a 4.33 with B grades? GPA wieghted classes or sum'n?
yeah my parents said im doing bad in math, but its because i was forced into the advanced class and missed an entire semester of material. my current grades are:

Math - C
Gym - A (thats a given)
Plant Science - B
Am History - B
Spanish - A
Speech - C (the teacher is a ****ing douche)
Biology - A

id say my grades are fairly average. but the speech teacher is sexist. if you have a penis, youre guaranteed failure. that spelt bad news for all the guys and transvestites in my grade.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
look at me with all A's!!!!!!!!!!

nevermind. i didn't notice we weren't here to show off.....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Shredder Guitar
yeah my parents said im doing bad in math, but its because i was forced into the advanced class and missed an entire semester of material. my current grades are:

Math - C
Gym - A (thats a given)
Plant Science - B
Am History - B
Spanish - A
Speech - C (the teacher is a ****ing douche)
Biology - A

id say my grades are fairly average. but the speech teacher is sexist. if you have a penis, youre guaranteed failure. that spelt bad news for all the guys and transvestites in my grade.

Please, do tell.
they're not bad, but they're not even close to good. if you pay attention in class, take good notes, study, and do all your assignments (all things you should clearly be doing anyway) then there really is no excuse for you to get anything below a B+/A-
wow Canada's gradings easy. I have it harder than most in the US too. 92 is A, 84 is B, 80 is C, and 75 is D. And no weighted classes! that pisses me off the most cuz i've taken many AP classes
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
my school gives us our report cards to take home, so i scan mine and photoshop it.. or at least i will with my next one
yea those are bad grades - you kinda have to make an effort in order to get a D in any class unless you skipped a level or two. stop being lazy and work! but not too hard.

i got a B+ in APUSH. that made me angry.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Those are pretty bad...
But I don't think it's their right to punish you, really. If you aren't really academically inclined, they can't discipline you into being so.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
LOL. dude I personally wouldnt call those bad at all.
Even tho my school doesnt go by a,b,c.. ect. We use percents
Grade 8, I had a 80% average. Grade 9 I had a 65% average.
And now grade 10, ahah. Honeslty dont give a **** what ur parents think
thats what I do, even tho they nag the hell out of me, just oh well
you win some you lose some.
My mom gets mad at me if my GPA drops below 3.7
Consider your self lucky. I can't get below a B+
Quote by skeptopotamus
How can you have a 4.33 with B grades? GPA wieghted classes or sum'n?

Exactly. AP classes and Honors classes your Junior and Senior year give you and extra point, at least at my school. Like last year i got an A in AP US, an A in Precalc, a B in H Latin III, an A in H Brit lit, and a B in H Biochem, but with the extra points i got a 4.4.
Page 1 of 2