Yeah thats basically what I need. I have a really broad playing style. I go from like clean blues, to rhcp type stuff, then i switch guitars and get into more of an insane metal style in your face distortion. Is there any dual channel tube amp that can do both?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Mesa F Series
Peavey JSX
Mesa Mark IV
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy
Maybe an Engl Powerball
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 23, 2007,
Jsx
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Yeah i completely forgot about the Mark IV. I tried one in a local shop and it was amazing.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Carvin Legacy or V3
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Carvin Legacy or V3

+1 the V3 is pretty much what i tell everyone when they ask "what tube amp should i get" it has fender cleans and mesa gain its a really sweet amp and it takes alot of beating its extremely durable and sounds amazing
If you can find one, a Sunn T50C. I have one, and it really does do everything. They are pretty rare though, so if you can't find one any of the above are also good choices, the F-series have awesome cleans.
Randall MTS series?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Framus cobra! I'm gassing for that amp ever since being able to play one at practise on the weekend. It made me like to play metal. Although i'd still prefer a/bing amps.
I gotta say the ENGL Screamer fits that bill perfectly. It gets a very nice bright Fendery clean tone and has plenty of gain. More than I'd ever need.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
I gotta say the ENGL Screamer fits that bill perfectly. It gets a very nice bright Fendery clean tone and has plenty of gain. More than I'd ever need.

+1
Framus Cobra has some very impressive cleans. Nice bright chimey clean if you like that. The Mark IV has a nice clean too, a little darker but nice.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Framus Cobra. Bias it hotter (for cleans and dist.) and turn up the channel volume to 3:00 (for dist.) and you are in heaven.

The Mark IV cleans break up sooner than on the amps above, and the breakup sounds bad to me (you can tweak it do make it a little better, like different amp settings and cooler pickups, but you might get a different amp instead).

Search for Egnater.

There are lots and lots of amps which are on the level above. Go to the gear page, they can name you more amps, not just the typical Mesa/Engl/Diezel blah blah
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Last edited by Philipp Sobecki at Oct 24, 2007,
not my experience with the Mark IV. I did prefer the Framus cleans, but I also liked that it was easier to get some powertube breakup. Running in pentode, simulclass, full power(not tweed), I found the Mark IV to have a ton of headroom, it was earbleeding before I could get breakup.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'm after a similar amp...how much would one expect to pay for some of the amps listed in this thread?

I would search but I'm at work and have to be short with my internet usage!

Also, are these all heads, or is there a combo out there that does huge amounts of gain?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Last edited by Chex at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by MrCarrot
I really want to try a screamer, however, I don't know how much I'd like having just one EQ for all the channels if I want to switch.
in addition to those already mentioned, brunetti xlr-evo, genz benz el-diablo, vht (not really fendery cleans, but nice all the same), bogner xtc, diezel (see vht, but not just as nice cleans, i have only tried the vh4 though), most engls, etc. EDIT: peavey xxx even would do it on a budget...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?